Kiffin recruits....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hope so. Not expecting a stellar class tomorrow due to short time having the staff together, but next you I would expect a very good class.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Today was bitter-sweet. Sucked losing the big name guys, but the class was decent considering the amount of time the staff. Nu'keese, Myles, and Teague were big pick-ups. But losing Marlon and Lacy hurt.

Kiff and O said the class isn't done yet, so it should be interesting to see what they mean.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I find it interesting that Kiffin didn't go after a QB this yr. Does he see something in the ones that are on the team now or where all the good ones taken already? Next yr is when he goes after some of the top QB's.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think the thing is we have 3 QBs, 2 of which were freshman last year. All have talent, but couldn't grasp the offense or weren't coached well enough. I think next year will be the year to get a QB.

Also, we signed J. Jackson today. #2 ranked CB.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Next year will be the true litmus test of Kiffin's ability to recruit, but you have to be satisfied with what he's done so far ...

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

One thing I'm certain of: talent>coaching in college football. You can have an average coach, but if he can stack the roster with great talent, they can always be competitive. (see: Pete Carroll)

I think the Vols will be serious within 2 seasons.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Kiffin certainly made some waves recently and certainly won't be invited to dinner by Meyer, Saban or Spurrier any time soon. I was and still am a fan of Fulmer's, but the awe shucks and humble approach doesn't really work anymore. So maybe Kiffin going strong and showing no fear might get under some skins. Heck, what is Meyer going to do? I mean, we haven't had any success by sucking up to him.....

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I like what Kiffin's doing because at least it gets UT in the same discussion with the Florida, Alabama and LSU types that have unfortunately dominated the SEC over the last 5 + years. I agree Vol' that while Fulmer had a humbleness about him the meak, weak attitude he took towards the rest of the pack wasn't going to allow him to be at the head of the table in the SEC.

Kiffin has impressed me so far with the recruiting and take no prisoner attitude, but he better be fully aware that he's going to have to show up on the field or at least make it close with a team like Florida who's going to be looking for his head. Hey at least we'll have a rivalry again!

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

2009 #1 overall prospect Bryce Brown (RB) could be a Vol within the next few weeks. There's been a little of drama surrounding his recruitment, but there's no denying he's a stud. Would be a HUGE get for Kiffin & staff. Played HS ball in the same city-league as Barry Sanders, and broke all his records if that says anything. Pretty much between Oregon, UT, and maybe LSU at this point.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AW2EUbSFYyk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AW2EUbSFYyk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2010 #1 overall prospect Jake Heaps (QB) has already visited Knoxville and absolutely loved it. This kid is going to be a stud. He has a cannon, and eats/sleeps football. The fact that Kiffin has already gotten him on campus all the way from Washington is amazing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AjJdH7HyIBI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AjJdH7HyIBI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And UT's already gotten a 2010 commitment from Jacques Smith (DE). He'll be far and away the best player in TN next year, and should easily be a 5-star recruit.

PHENOMENAL job done by Kiffin and his staff thus far.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Yeah signing Brown would be HUGE and it does surprisingly look more likely. However, you never know how the chips will fall.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=914088

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar