Kiffin recruits....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Whether he succeeds or not is still up in the air, but can't question the fact that he is putting together possibly the best recruiting staff in the country. Besides the top recruiter from South Carolina and Orgeron, long considered one of the top recruiters, he just got Lance Thompson and looks like Eddie Gran. Gran was Auburn's top recruiter and RB coach. Auburn has put out some pretty decent RB. Thompson was the LB coach at Bama and was named top recruiter in the country last year by Rivals.com.

Pretty impressive.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well, I am glad he got some recruiters.....but get the RECRUITS!!!!!

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

You can't expect UT to have a stellar class this year. Completely new staff. This staff is being put together for future, not just this year.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd say Gruden really blew it. I think the Vols would've loved to have him. If you'd ask me months ago I would've preferred Gruden over Kiffin.

As it is though, I'm glad we ended up with Lane. He's putting together an amazing coaching and recruiting staff. I'm thrilled and optimistic!!

Can't say the same for Auburn.

5. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

Auburn football has officially became a joke. Gene Chizik was an awful hire. I hope Auburn fans and the program are ready for some years of mediocrity to come.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Auburn did hire Trooper Taylor. He is a good recruiter. Of course we got Eddie Gran from them...their top recruiter and RB coach. He produced some pretty decent RB ;)

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who do you think they should of hired? His record was hardly stellar at iowa state.

8. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

Turner Gill was wanting the job. He was clearly the most qualified person to take the job. Chizik was awful at ISU.

BTW, I'm not an Auburn fan either. ;)

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think Bobby Lowder wasn't going to cross racial lines and hire an african american HC.

10. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I think that as well, which I think is stupid on his part. He just put his team in years of mediocrity because he didn't want to hire a more qualified, and one of the best young coaches in america, because the color of his skin?

A bonehead move on his part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar