Kickoffs may become extinct

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

he's prolly the worse thing thats ever happened to football....what a freakin douche
    imo the NCAA has screwed up college ball to the point i dont watch it very often and now god-ell is tryin his hand at ruining the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This has to be the dumbest idea I've ever seen.

Goodell is an ass clown and someone needs to stop him before he ruins the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

At least he gave Schiano credit for the idea. When I saw this threat I thought Gooddell would be taking credit for it himself: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/06/07/abolishing-kickoffs/index.html

Schiano makes some good points.

Bill Belichick has a really good idea for a rule change. He wants to get rid of the extra point after touchdowns.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog...k-wants-the-extra-point-to-die?urn=nfl,wp5693

Great idea Bill!!!!! Let's hope Prince Roger listens to you on this one :toast:

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I just want to know what exactly was wrong with the game to begin with?

The guy in charge always has to change crap to feel relevant.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

thats the root of the problem imo.... hes too caught up in tryin to be relevent and less worried about actually doin his job. should the commish of any league be such a headline whore???

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Stern, Bettman, Goodell.. all seem to be doing a really great job and are all well respected.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's say it goes up to 4th-and-20 (which is probably more realistic), do you feel differently?

As long as they can find a reasonable percentage, I'm for it. Remember, you blow it and the opponent gets it on the opponent 30 instead of their own 45-50 which is typical of an on-side kick recovery.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm pretty sure its 4th and 15 automatically and they can either choose to go for it or choose to punt.

Sean Gregory of TIME writes that one of the options being considered for replacing kickoffs entails giving the ball to the team that would have been kicking off at its own 30, automatically facing a fourth down and 15 yards to go. The team can then choose to punt or go for it, via fake punt or otherwise.

9. TitanJeff

This is about the NFL stepping up to help the safety of players in preventing concussions.

:sarcasm:

10. TitanJeff

Correct. I put in the wrong down. You get one shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar