Keys to winning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tdo_52, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

Ncaalover12, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Take the crowd out early. Score quick and stick it to Ben, the rest of the game should play out accordingly. We really don't have to win we just have to steal a win. If that makes sense.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Then you weren't watching very closely. In the Bucs game, our starters had two sacks and a great forced fumble, and they played roughly a quarter.

There isn't much to see in preseason, because so much of it is meaningless. However, there were glimpses, and now that it's real, I'm expecting to see some good things tomorrow night.

4. CurtainCall

CurtainCall Camp Fodder

Can you please elaborate on this comment?

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Exactly - and our starters gave up, what... 1 TD or something like that in 5 games. What I saw in preseason was pretty exciting, on both sides of the ball. I saw a TON of guys (who have been cut) auditioning and making mistakes. Who cares about that... you have to watch the right people for the right fundamental skills. Other than a couple of bad tackles from stars like Griff and Finny, I saw the starters looking like they were ready to get to business.

Back to the thread point - in this game I do think we'll need to go to the air early, with a heavy dose of quick 3-step drops. They'll be pressuring the line to stop the run and get to Collins. That will leave lots of opportunities for big plays in the air - especially with our big targets like Gage, Britt and Cook. I'm expecting a trick play on special teams early, too. Fisher wants to jump out ahead early to take their run game away.

I expect our 1st drive to be a heavy dose of CJ, with a probable 3 and out... but we'll want to get guys settled in and get a feel for how they plan to attack on D. 2nd drive will get much more aggressive.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The keys to winning from where I'm sitting are to;
    1.) keep Ben in the pocket and pressure him from the middle. If we over pursue him, he will run right up the B gaps for 1st downs.
    2.) have balance on offense, and keep the Steeler defense guessing.
    And lastly get good field position. With the greatest kicker ever we can beat them solely on three's. I'd hate to win this way, but I'll take a win any way I can get one. Of course I want us to score over 30 points, but lets not get ahead of ourselves to soon here.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

My bad I thought it was pretty clear. Last year without our top defenders KVB and Haynesworth we were still able to get pressure on Benny and forced him into quite a few turnovers..don't remember the exact number but I do remember him fumbling quite a bit and throwing 2 INTs..both to Griffin!

:lol:

8. titansfan_louis

titansfan_louis Camp Fodder

Get plenty of protection for Kerry, get the run established mixed in with short tight end passes, and then a long throw to keep Pitt defense honest.
    Get to Ben and disrupt him, he kind of reminds me of Maddox, once he gets dirsupted he gets sloppy with the ball.

9. CurtainCall

CurtainCall Camp Fodder

I didn't know you judge a QB based on 1 bad game....I guess you are going to overlook certain things like...

Youngest QB to win a SB
    Rookie of the Year
    2 time SB winner
    8-2 Playoff Record
    Most wins of any QB in their first 5 years

So what has Kerry Collins and Vince Young accomplished in the NFL?

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Ok first off he wasn't just having a 'bad game'. He got manhandled by arguably the best defensive line in the freakin league, backed by one of the best secondaries in the league. AND, if you guys didn't do anything to shore up that O line, we are going to see a repeat of last fall, tomorrow night.
    Secondly, none of those traits you listed above were being displayed by your QB during that game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar