Keys to winning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by tdo_52, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdo_52

tdo_52 Camp Fodder

've had so much going on I've not even thought about the game that much but just thinking about it fires me the hell up! I believe this game could go either way.

keys to winning the game for Tennessee IMO is,

get the passing game going early
    protect the ball
    D line gets pressure on Ben

keys for pitt IMO

protect ben
    protect the ball
    and shut down our running game completely

I believe we'll win this in a close battle 27-24

2. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Get the running game going.... Remember we are a run first team my friend...

Also Lawerence Timmons may not be in this game....

3. tdo_52

tdo_52 Camp Fodder

Oh I know we're a run team first but I believe we'll need the passing game to open our running game Thursday....

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Actually they need to shut both games down completely. Baltimore tried and succeeded in shutting our run game down in the RS last year. Kerry still beat them with his arm.

True but a few strikes downfield will back them out of the box a bit to give CJ/LW/JR some room to run.

Most of all, more than anything (even more than our new offense), I want to see Ben in the dirt/on the ground as much as possible.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Our Key's to Victory:

Don't turn the ball over.
    Go for a big deep pass early.
    Pressure, Pressure and more pressure on Big Ben.
    Shut down their running game.

I know all of this is much easier said than done. But as long as we take care of the ball and make a deep play early they will have to back off of the line and thus our run game takes off.

6. tdo_52

tdo_52 Camp Fodder

Yea pressure is going to be key in this game...

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Forget getting pressure on Big Ben just keep him contained in the pocket and dont let him run. Over pressuring will result in him making some circus play.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Our defense isn't exactly slow. We can run him down. Besides, if we hit him a few times in the pocket and knock him down*, he'll be wanting to get the ball out even quicker; no time to run.

*just the thought and mental picture of seeing Big Ben get blasted made me shiver/shudder like the Hyenas in the Lion King did whenever Mufasa's name was mentioned.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Keys to Winning:

Do Exactly What We Did Last Year.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Mu fa sa

Great Lion King reference!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar