Keys For A Win Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Agreed, but Fabian has actually been very good in coverage. The way to attack him is with short passes giving your WRs room to run because Fabian has been very bad at tackling in the open field. Quick timing patterns, not necessarily throwing deep on Fabian.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was watching the highlights from the Giants game and they had a lot of success running the ball. On a few of those plays, the runner hit a pile in the middle and then bounced it outside.

The Ravens D is aggressive. The Titans have to find ways to keep them on their heels.

3. CowPokey

CowPokey Guest

He was looking good until he sat out a few games from injury.
    Walker did a pretty good job filling in for him....I don't think Walker is that good though.
    Fabian had a few passes come his way against the Dolphins and he was 10 to 15 yards off when the catches were made.
    Also looked terrible tackling....missed several.
    His interception was a deeper pass and he actually was in position.
    I am sure the Titans will be looking closely at the game film on #31

4. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

That is true. Until Jacobs got banged up, he was hitting the pile, doing a spin move and then eating up yardage.

5. 76Gibson

76Gibson Guest

Giants had 3 big runs, otherwise it was pretty standard game against the Ravens run D and Jacobs then disappeared for 3 or 4 weeks. Titans are going to have to run enough to allow KC to find the TE's and WR's on crossing routes to be successful, I doubt Fisher is hanging his hat on CJ & LW taking over the game.

6. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

I think that was more a function of the Ravens playing soft with a lead. Apparently at one point when Rolle allowed a huge cushion and surrendered a 12 yard gain as a result, he looked over to Ryan and shrugged his shoulders as if to say, are you still cool with this?

Walker sucks.

I think people are making too much of the Giants game, it was an aberration. Yes they have a good O-line but the Ravens were overexcited and played uncharacteristically undisciplined football. Gap assignments were missed left and right. It's not as if other teams didn't watch that game too and tried to emulate what the Giants did, you'd be foolish not to. The performance however has not been repeated.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Agreed. The Ravens have been stellar against the run. I don't think anyone is thinking the Titans RBs will hang 207 on the Ravens but to see it can be done has to be a confidence-builder.

But we know about playing a couple of flat games. No doubt the Ravens will watch the Jets game and try to do what Farve was able to just as the Titans will the Giants.

8. CowPokey

CowPokey Guest

Favre should have retired and stayed retired.
    I hate to see good QBs try and hang around with another team after playing so long with a winner.
    Johnny Unitas did the same thing and went to the Chargers for 1 year.....tarnished his record.

9. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

While I agree you have to commit to the run, I like the idea of throwing on early downs. The first meeting the Titans were still in a mode to not let Collins throw the ball. I don't know if they trusted him yet. That didn't come until after the Bears game. But alot of you guys are right, stay with the run game as long as the score allows. It will truly be a team effort. Defense has to keep their scoring down and the special teams has to not give up a score either. I like our chances in a low scoring game. I like our pass rush against their QB as he tends to hold the ball too long at times. I'm extremely concerned about turnovers and their running game. Someone said it was weak and I couldn't disagree more. It is the reason for any offensive success they have... they are relentless with it and it usually pays off in the 4th quarter. I think we must have a lead in the 4th quarter and force the rookie to makes plays. I'm nervous about which Collins shows up. Steeler game Collins or Texans Collins.

Steelers Collins 23-13 Titans

Texans Collins 24-13 Ravens

Most other games Collins 17-16 Titans

Either way this is the one team I didn't want to see... I think the Colts, Steelers, Dolphins and Chargers are all matchups in our favor... This game is the toughest matchup of all the playoff teams.... but we would've had to beat them this week or next week. Just as soon get it over with this week... I feel the winner of this game represents the AFC in the Super Bowl.

10. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Sssh-h-h-h......... the mullet-wearing towel wavers will get upset if they see this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar