Keys For A Win Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Or this...

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=47372588">Kerry Collins runs for 1st down</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=47372588,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor="/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=47372588,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"/></object>

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

That was against the Lions, it doesn't count.

Just play ball like we've did all year and we'll win. We're the better team.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Win the turnover battle.

Get pressure on Flacco with the front four.

Keep stupid penalties to a minimum.

Play 60 minutes of intense football.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

On offense the Titans will need to establish some type of running game to open the passing game up. Reed eats QB's alive when there is no rushing attack. The Ravens rarely lose to teams that have less than 70 yards on the ground.

On defense, you have to get good pressure on Flacco all game and stop the run in the second half.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We're going to have to stick to a balanced game. We need to get a lot of rushes in, but keep a realistic passing threat going without giving up turnovers. We also need to get pressure from the d-line. Hopefully that will have improved from last game, and we can rattle flacco. I'd love to beat the ravens with a defensive TD.

6. CowPokey

CowPokey Guest

Better hope the Titans didn't turn it off too much against the Colts.
    It isn't easy as flipping a switch.
    It will be a great game to watch!
    Could go either way depending on how the ball bounces!

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree with this 100%.

We'll get our chances with Gage and BJones in single coverage against Ivy and Walker later, but I'd just run the ball every down for the 1st quarter.

No-one put up 300 yards of offense on the Steelers vaunted defense until we played them either, so I'm certainly not scared about moving the ball against Baltimore. We won't need 30 points to win, so a punt is not a bad play.

I don't see us allowing any sacks to B'more. We didn't last time we played them and our pass protection is just as good as it was before, if not better.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In their first match-up, the Titans really didn't do much with Chris Johnson. They need to get him the ball in the flat. They'll have to use the TEs in the short passing game like they did in the first game. Quick and high percentage passes.

Mawae will probably be out for this game. That's a concern and Leroy Harris needs to step up big because he'll have Ray Ray in his face all day.

9. CowPokey

CowPokey Guest

I don't think you'll have much luck against the Ravens D-Line.
    Titans will need to attack #31 Fabian Washington just like the Dolphins did.
    He is the weak link.

10. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

If Fisher is smart, he will keep pounding the ball between the tackles. I know the Ravens D is tough on the run, but to be honest, I think too many teams give up on the run too quickly.

The Ravens stuff the line, but they seem to give up 2-3 runs over 15 yards a game if the opposing team rushes for the entire game. Give up the run and rely solely on the passing attack and it's almost a sure bet for a loss, unless your name is Peyton Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar