Kevin Dodd is...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thefreak, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I would say this camp is his last if he doesn't show improvement. If he sucks this summer, I doubt he makes the final roster.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is where I'm at. I think there's a higher likelihood he doesn't make the team, but I wouldn't write him off yet. If there was any way to make him useful, Vrabel should be able to do it.

The who was on the board part was what crushed me. There was so much talent left. Would have much rather take a flyer on Jack hoping he comes back strong from injury. There was also that LB, name is slipping me, that was sup[posed to be a top 10 pick but had a brutal knee injury. Dallas took him. Jaylen comes to mind.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

Nope. An old friend of JR who coaches a HS team told him about Byard what he was still playing HS ball. Told JR the kid had IT, and will be a star. That's what led JR to Byard, had nothing to do with the scouts who were fired. Read this in an article a year or two ago after he was drafted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I didnt mean for this to be all about Byard, but you cant dismiss the scouts for some picks, what are they there for then?

My point is simply this, I believe GM's all mostly responsible for the higher picks, and scouts have their hands on later picks.

5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Jaylen Brown.

Played last year, but I saw somewhere that the Vander Esch selection will limit the amount of snaps he sees.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

I think you mean Jaylon Smith

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Yea. Im mixing Football with Bball haha.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

Yup, that's him. Was petty pissed we took Dodd over him. Even if Smith never played, the opportunity to get a top 10 talent at #33 is worth the risk. Oh well.

9. JCBRAVE

I was very on the fence with us taking Jaylon Smith, talent was there but he was never guaranteed to play again

Funny how Dodd is now the one who may never play again

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

People definitely exaggerate the talent available there. In retrospect, several players would have been better selections. But Dodd has been injured. Stating that he would have sucked or been a bad pick anyway is pure speculation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar