Kevin Dodd is...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thefreak, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Everyone knew that Dodd would get injured? Whatever you say

2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Not at all. Did you have to run it through spellcheck?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Sigh.

I'll edit my post for you mr smarty pants!

Seeing as we don't know what picks in the 2017 draft were group picks, GM picks or HC picks, if we're blaming the old scout team for the dodd pick, we've gotta give them credit for conklin and byard too. Same draft.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Most GM's do rely on scouts so you can credit the scouts for some picks, I just feel like the early big hit picks like Conklin and Jackson are GM picks. Later picks all scouts work.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

JR is the GM and he is RESPONSIBLE for the value and quality obtained with the draft capital used. Blame is a distinct concept and irrelevant.

Dodd was a bust pick at #33. Many here groaned when his name was called out. Many here groaned on the Conklin pick. He was great his first year and got injured last year. Probably going to turn out to be a great value pick. So JR hitting and missing in that draft. I don’t recall ANYBODY here groaning on the Byard pick. And JR hit on that relatively late round pick. So I maintain JR is a just above average GM. He gets a lot of unearned adulation and praise as a boss GM. I wish it was true, but that’s not going to blind me to the reality of his body of work thus far.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Sorry dude, but JRob gets PLENTY of kudos for the Byard pick. I dont see anyone saying 'Man the scout team/HC did really well picking Byard'.

I've seen it from multiple posters on here, maybe from you, maybe not.

Bit hard to do that then to kick the scout team for the 2nd round Dodd pick...

The situation you described seems reasonable and fair though.

7. JCBRAVE

Im not saying to take my words for verbatim, Im speaking in general. Most people know the popular picks from the popular schools, so its easier to hit on the early picks. Its the 2nd and beyond the scouts come into play more.

8. JCBRAVE

I will credit the scouts for any pick that Jon Robinson was not at the pro day for.

9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Yea like I said it seems plausible.

In which case potentially some guy did a ton of work on Byard and then got fired after the draft, leaving JRob to get the credit for Byard and said fired scout team to get the blame for Dodd (by noname fans on an online forum).

10. JCBRAVE

Thing is a scout led him to Byard. Or maybe not, maybe he sent the scout to Middle Tennessee State after his daughter said dad I just found your next FS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar