Kevin Curtis agrees to terms with Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

It's not technically love for Gage, it's more a realist take on the situation. There's no signs of JMac being cut, so you go with what you're given. His measurables are good, that's the only thing seperating him from our current core of WR's.

EDIT: it's funny how some of you are pointing to his stats, but in reality his production in his first 2 years are no different from that of our current recievers. So what's with the hate for Gage?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I'm glad we didn't pay that price for him, but I do wish we had him. I had him for fantasy the year he produced 800 yards, he was money for a stretch. If not injured, I think he'll do fairly well in Philly as well. Looks like 6 years/ $30+mil is the going rate. I think those of you who think he just flat out sucks are just a little myopic, and bitter. Understandable.

On the other hand, maybe we can just roll into the season with Jones, Roby and Williams, as Floyd Reese someday intended.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im guessin were deff takin a wr in the 1st now

So much for us havin thebest chance to get curtis

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh, it's different. 1) He's not our guy. 2) He's got more years and still has rookie level production. 3) Eh, I dunno what three is. 4) I'm really just bitter about hitting the bottom. 5) Upon further review (which means "actually" for the noobs, and also means "despite what you may think," which is what you're really saying when you say "actually" if you think about it), the real reason I don't like the thought of giving someone else a chance is I don't want to cover up any one of the trio's emergence, should it happen. They (Roby and Williams, for the most part) are the depth until they prove themselves, and I don't really want anyone else getting in the way of us seeing, on the field, whether they can handle the job or be given their walking papers.

I would seriously sign JMac at this point, but I wouldn't give him close to what Stallworth, Bennett and Curtis got. I, upon further review, believe JMac and Jones would hold up pretty well on the outside. I think one of those two could at least outproduce what Bennett did last year. I'd also take Mike Williams, and even add Bowe or Meachem through the draft if our top D players are gone. I'd feel okay with that, and it looks like that might be the best we can hope for, unless you want an aged veteran like Moss (okay, but not sure he breaks 1000 yards for us) or Keenan McCardell or Eric Moulds or Joe Horn who couldn't pass his physical.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm starting to think the same. Time will tell.

6. smili

smili Starter

Bennett got a pretty heavy front loaded deal though. Can't tell how back loaded Curtis's is. The up front money is pretty nice for Bennett.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786610

"The Rams filled a potential void if wide receiver Kevin Curtis leaves by signing Drew Bennett to a six-year, $30 million contract that includes $10 million in guarantees.

Between bonuses and base salary, Bennett will pocket $9.5 million in 2007. He will earn $13 million in the first two years of the contract and $21 million over the first four seasons of the deal."

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Points well taken, but I still don't see how Gage would halt the growth of the other recievers. If Gage landed here, I'd see him more likely getting a contract/deal we gave Wade last year. To be quite honest, I'd much rather have JMac or trade a 4th/7th for Mike Williams. Also, reading between the numbers, Gage is not that much different production wise than Wade(pre-Titans) and that seemed to turn out alright. However, the two are different players in terms of their style and use.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Gage or our current WR's (talking Roby, Williams and Orr) ???

IMO he is no better than what we have so why waste the money. I had rather give our WR's another chance and if they don't produce let them go next yr.

Now Gage or JMac, I would take JMac because I do think he is better than what we have now.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd like to see what the Lions would be willing to swap for Mike Williams. Give him a change of scenery, young QB with mad potential, a new start, and reunite him with Norm Chow. Williams still can be a standout WR in this league.

10. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

I Agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar