Kevin Byard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Byard is elite

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Pro-Bowl Bound!

3. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Give him the Gold jacket

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I've heard people ask if he could be the DPOY -

If he continues the trend he’s on, he will most definitely be the most valuable defensive player on the Tennessee Titans and the division … But as for the entire league? I feel he has a tall order to complete – and the odds are stacked against him… If you look at the DPOY winners from this decade there has been only one safety tagged – and that was 2010 Troy Polamulu… That year he had 63 tackles, 1 sack, 7 ints, and 1 TD.

And if you want to dig even further, since the turn of the millennium there have only been 2 other safeties awarded with it – 2004 ED Reed & 2007 Bob Sanders – Ed bringing in 76 tackles, 2 sacks, 9 picks, 8 pass defl, and 1TD while Bob Sanders registered 140 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 8 fumbles, and 2 ints

Currently, Kevin has 45 tackles with 6 ints. Granted, that almost levels him with TROY’s performance, so it’s not farfetch’d. However, Troy also played 14 instead of 16 games.

But there’s another thing in Kevin’s favor – previous DPOY winners who spearhead the favorites are riddled with injuries this year. Watt, Kuechly.

So it’s not absolutely crazy – just extremely one sided here as of late – as 2011-2016 winners have been either LB or DE. If he continues to haul in More picks and racking in the tackles, then you simply cannot acquit him of the possibility. Another factor like I said is the sack # overhaul – from players like Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Ryan Kerrigan, etc. etc. etc.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

He needs to have a big game against a quality QB to really get consideration. I mean I love what he's doing, but 5 of his 6 picks come from Kizer/Kessler/Flacco. Not exactly terrifying names.

But if he balls out against a team like the Steelers? Then we really might be talkin!

6. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Good point. A couple sacks and a pick 6 would round out his numbers, too. For All-pro or DPOY consideration that is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

best safety we have had since the move to tenn

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

"I'm the best boy, I'm the best!" -Blaine Bishop

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He was a runner up at FS on PFF's All-Pro team. He was playing well all year, but all of the INTs in the past couple of game have brought him into the spotlight.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Pro-Bowl and All-Pro are on the table now I think (Likely in for PB) but for DPOY, I think the numbers are there but he has to be consistent for most of the year. He has 5 INT in 2 games. That's incredible but I think that works against him in the DPOY conversation.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar