Kevin Byard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I loved the pick when we drafted him. Hometown hero. Love this kid

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Just before the Browns game I said he was underachieving :disbelief:

Maybe that game was what he needed, because he has been everywhere.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I remember seeing him in an interview after the draft and his knowledge of the game seemed incredible for a rookie. That along with him being completely overlooked and him being from mtsu all made for a perfect situation. He also mentioned he wore number 20 in college because ed reed and Brian Dawkins were his idols. I know it's still early, but I think we may have the next one of those guys. He's only getting better, and his ability to play corner and guard tight ends just makes him that much better.

BTW, how bout adoree on the first play from scrimmage? Boys got too much talent. JR is proving over and over he's one of the best talent evaluating GM's in the game.

#53 J Falk, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Adoree now.... I'm a little iffy on him still. He has some good plays but not consistent on his coverage. He gets beat deep and I don't know how. One of those picks yesterday that Ryan tipped up, was a deep catch on Adoree if Ryan hadn't been there. I know he's young, so I'm hoping that all changes. To be a smaller corner like that, you have to be consistent to prove a point not to sling em your way. I don't believe has done that enough with the deep balls. 20 or less yards tho, he's all on it.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

There's been decent improvement from week 1 to week 9, his head seems to be alright.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Ryan was an absolutely stud on that play. Read the play, came off his receiver to help, and laid a perfect hit to jar the ball loose.

In Adoree's defense on that play, corners will play their defenders different based on if they have safety help or not. He did have help from Byard - as best I can remember - and was playing underneath the receiver. The best way to blanket a receiver who's bigger than you isn't to just have a guy try to stay right on his hip (especially if it's a big WR), it's to bracket him with a CB playing underneath him and a safety over the top. That coverage forces a QB to make a perfect through into coverage; it's why Marcus threw his INT.

I thought Adoree has showed so much improvement through the season. He's still a rookie, but he's getting in better position and getting so much valuable experience. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the coaches for throwing him out there, believing in him, allowing him to fail without yanking him, and letting him learn!

Our secondary is really starting to show up - now if we only could find a pass rush to help them out even more.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He already did

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

you were wrong

9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Agree. This secondary is coming around. There's not as many big plays and the young guys(Sims, Jackson, and Byard) are getting better every week.

10. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Finally another impact player to go along with Casey . ....

We still need a few more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar