Kevin Byard in 2021

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tbone in TN, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

if hes in his prime then we're ****ed

I dont even know his stats, I just recall a boatload of blown plays and cant remember a single thing he did right last season

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

You know it's bad when JC is owning you @TitanMark

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

This

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree he's not going anywhere, even if he plays bad at the start of next season, but if he was top-5, not only would people around here not talk about trading him, but the team certainly wouldn't.

Let's hope he returns to the top 5 play you're saying he was (wasn't last year).

5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Ain’t nobody. “ owning “ me. Some of y’all have no business being fans until you complete a minimum knowledge training course.

Just because a player doesn’t have a HOF year doesn’t mean he sucks. He had a down year. It happens. The team went 11-5 and y’all wanting to blow it up.

The only owning that is getting done is some of y’all owning and clearly showing your own ignorance. I am wrong often. But not ignorant,

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I’m not worried about what people around here, who thank god aren’t running NFL franchises think. Their opinion truly isn’t relevant to a players ability. Nor what other NFL franchises think of him. Being pissed your team didn’t win doesn’t mean a player sucks. The defense sucked. The same people blaming Byard are the same people blaming coaching. Which is it? Talent or coaching. I think it was both . Lack of a coherent defensive scheme and lack of talent. Byard isn’t the problem. If you get him out of covering man on man, which isn’t what a Free Safety does, then he starts making plays again. But with the lack of line talent and no pass rush our secondary had to cover longer which is a recipe for disaster for any defense.

This place is full of more Cal McNairs than intelligent Titan fans.

7. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

I can think of 2 Titan players off the top of my head who got paid big and sucked the following season and after, Griffen and Big AL, thats bad company to be in. I hope he returns to form and balls out I do, but if he doesnt he needs to go its just that simple. Plus him playing bad and calling out coachs and slamming them, that sets a bad example for other players and young guys coming in. I can play like **** but ill just blame coaching and not hold myself accountable, doesnt sound like the culture we are building in Tennessee.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Be easy on Byard.. He was WORKING FROM HOME this whole season.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Except that Byard did take responsibility for his play, He stated clearly he didn’t play well. The only people I see blaming or slamming coaches are in this forum. Can you please provide a link where he slammed coaches?

10. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

This is exactly right. Byard was having to match up one one one a ton this season which took him out of his natural position of basically playing centerfield and watching the play develop. I would imagine that he also assumed at least some of Logan Ryan's role in the defense which added more to his plate than in years previous.

Having said that, too often Byard was out of position, took some bad angles, and was indecisive when coming up to tackle. He had a bad year in a defense where everyone except for Butler regressed in some manner.

Finally, I seriously doubt it was a result of his "payday" considering his extension was signed during last season's offseason and I didn't see that many people complaining about his performance last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar