Kevin Byard in 2021

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tbone in TN, Feb 2, 2021.

  1. Tbone in TN

    Tbone in TN Special Teams Standout

    13
    5
    84
    What type of Kevin Byard do you think we will see in 2021? In 2017, 2018, and 2019 he had 17 interceptions and then he gets a new contract. In 2020 he had 1 interception towards the end of the season. Was this a case of take the money and run attitude or the fact that we had no pass rush?
     
  2. JVC34

    JVC34 Special Teams Standout

    288
    69
    54
    This is a easy one....NO PASS RUSH!!! On paper one of the worst in NFL history.
     
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

    Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

    10,527
    2,955
    789
    No pass rush, no Adoree and no real DC

    Our D had Covid all year
     
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

    Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

    15,958
    6,760
    1,189
    it'd be hard to get any worse

    stop making excuses for him.. it was clearly albert haynesworth syndrome.. dude didn't show any effort
     
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

    JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

    82,215
    26,621
    1,509
    Byard blew plenty of plays on his own peaking in the backfield or just getting outran

    Dont blame the passrush
     
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

    Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

    10,527
    2,955
    789
    No pass rush is a better thing to blame than he got his money and checked out
     
  7. Afc46

    Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

    2,056
    673
    329
    All Of The Above ..
     
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Chronos

    Chronos Pro Bowler

    5,583
    2,230
    559
    My problem is it wasn’t only Byard who was less efficient (read crappy). Because the defense as a whole stepped back, there have to be some scheme issues to correct (read coaching). If you play the percentages, then 75% f Byard’s career has been superlative and 25% poor. So, play the odds on the 75%.
     
  9. Rwill

    Rwill Starter

    2,571
    780
    329
    If I remember correctly he was extended the summer before last season.. the big money didnt start until 2020, but he was already signed and locked in for the 2019 season. I dont think it was the money. I still blame the confusion of no DC and horrible scheming putting everyone out of position.
     
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. TitanWally

    TitanWally Starter

    1,091
    336
    189
    Yea this is right I think. He played last season on his new contract.
     
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

    Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

    For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

    Hit the Tip Jar