Kerry throws for 40% of Young...in a single game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

young total passing yards - 703
    kerry total passing yards - 280

thats basically 40%...in one game collins did almost half of what young has done with respect to passing yards...and young has started now what....5 games...thats rather .....pathetic

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm still much more comfortable with VY as our quarterback. Don't ask me why, I just am.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince Total 73-114 703 (64% 6.2 ypa)
    Collins Total 39-66 427 (59% 6.5 ypa)
    Collins @ HOU 25-42 280 (60% 6.7 ypa)

Kerry threw for 40% of Young's yardage, but on 37% of the attempts Young has made... with a lower completion percentage and a higher YPA. Not really pathetic. Young has averaged 22 attempts per game - Kerry threw 42 times at HOU...

4. titan_fan_4ever

im not saying that id rather have KC runnin the offense...but simply pointin out an interesting comparision...

young (as we all know) really needs to use his legs more to run...we've all seen some massive holes taht he could easily get at least 5 yards...but he doesnt take em like last yr... he really needs to play to his strenghts and let the passing yards come taht way rather than forcing it.

assessment from his stats - 3/6 ratio is unacceptable...so is 703 passing yards in 5 games (140 passing yards a game av)...not so good either....it might be enough to get us in the playoffs (maybe not even) but it definitly wont be enough to get us to the SB

5. titan_fan_4ever

not really sure that helps ur point....in dont think they trust young enough to give him 40+ throws a game. and its not like our running game is averaging even 4+ yards per carry on the regular....and im not even sure its entirely there fault...u need a passing threat to run the ball effectivly

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

stop with the vy bashing. would u rather have lineart or cutler right now? NO.VY is still developing hes only 24 and left college a year early! give it a break. collins is a bum and always will be.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I would absolutely 100000% rather have Cutler any day of the week over Young.

8. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

Im sure Denver would welcome you with open arms then.:rolleyes:

9. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I don't change teams due to a bad draft decision...just hope for the best, but realise we could be so much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar