Kerry Collins' Legacy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

tis the season sec330, tis the season

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

fine.

explain why Vince Young should be remembered for the 2008 season?

Legacy, in the sense I mean is what a person leaves behind them. If Collins came into the Super Bowl and won the SB MVP award... even won a Super Bowl over his former team, how about Carolina or the Giants... pick one. One will likely be in the Super Bowl...

Every veteran player that has accomplishments has a Legacy of his own. It doesn't belong to a team. It is theirs. They own it.

Young players like Vince, or Chris Johnson... there is no Legacy to think about until it's time to hang it up. You can't be thinking of having a NFL legacy without a substantial body of work and a long list of accomplishments.

McNair has a legacy. McNair is not a legacy himself. A legacy, in this sense is not a tangible thing. I'm not talking about an old computer, a will or a Pi Kappa Alpha's pledge's older brother... I'm talking about accomplishments...

I'm asking if all Collins has done, with Carolina, New York, and Tennessee... hell, throw New Orleans and Oakland in there... I'm asking if his body of work is better than McNair's with Tennessee and Baltimore...

These guys were top 5 picks in the same draft. It's a compelling thing to analyze. Don't fruit up the topic with garbage about a third year back-up.

It's not relevant. Come back in 10 years and inject Vince and I am fine with that.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I go overboard sometimes with the V guy, but i can't stress enough how important it is for this team to cut it's losses with him. Okay, now that is out of the way, when I think of someone leaving behind a legacy, I think of a consecutive year run of success.

Without a future beyond 2008-09, I wouldn't think Kerry would be deserving of that status.

4. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Ya think? :rolleyes: Geeez man, I'm beginning to think your full name is Merrill Nate Hoge.

I hope for your sake that Collins stays healthy throughout the playoffs. I don't know if you could handle VY winning the SB.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I want to say that Collins legacy wouldn't be as strong....

but Mac-9 as a ratbird really tarnished his legacy for me personally.

So yeah, if Collins wins the Superbowl, what the hell, his legacy is stronger! At least it would for me. Particularly considering his Titans beginning. I can't imagine anyone not related to Collins wasn't *****ing a storm with his first few appearances in a uniform. To think that was three seasons ago seems crazy.

From being completely **** and hated on, to Superbowl champion in three years... that's one damn fine legacy.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hello Mr Hypocrite.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yet another person that doesn't understand my concern for Vince. I don't dislike the guy or loathe any success he might have. I'm a Titans fan that feels he is the absolute worst QB option at his salary for this team.

I would want nothing more than the future of this franchise to take an opportunity such as a KFC injury in the 1st quarter of a playoff game and lead this team to a Super Bowl. My concern is his only ability is keeping this team from being elite and I just don't believe he has what it takes to be a success in the NFL. I hope I'm proven wrong on so many levels, because if I'm not then we have put a lot of eggs into one basket, thus creating a long suffering 4-6 year span.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You've shared your concerns in a thread that simply has no room for it (without it going off-topic). That is the issue.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

super bowl is all time pinnacle. mcnair never beat the bucs in the super bowl. kerry collins stood in and wins it all over the team that drafted him, hangs it up and retires. It's Bettis-like.

you want records? Kerry has records. Kerry has awards.

MAC9 won the conference.

KFC won* both conferences and has a super bowl ring.

What will be more memorable? Heartache of 2002 or the break of '99?

Or a Super Bowl win?

consecutive run of success?

McNair never won a Super Bowl as a Titan or a Raven.

Kerry has plenty enough career stats, passing yards, records, rankings or accolades. I credit McNair with taking the Ravens to the playoffs but that is no Super Bowl.

History forgets not the victors. Kerry Collins goes over MAC9 on any all time qb's list if he wins super bowl mvp. automatic.

doesn't get him in the hall of fame either.

*hypothetical

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

as far as vy is concerned. hes on the bench, he's watching a winner play, and well deal with the vy issue when it comes up. 13-2 and a real shot at going to the sb is crazy and in week 4 when you could really tell there was something special with this team... In my mind, I gave this team to kerry. I try not to even think about next season, which is a good thing because as a titans fan, its quite nice that its december and for once we wont have to worry about getting better. I think were good enough go the distance. We can't just let up and keep playing titans football.

In regards to Kerry's legacy, if this is the season, he may be the only quarterback in NFL history to play in 2 superbowls hosted in the same city, which is a pretty neat stat. (I may be wrong, but I can't think of anyone else who would fit that criteria?) In my opinion, If Kerry Collins leads the Titans to a SB win... they can go ahead and rename LP to Kerry Collins Coliseum and retire his jersey and he'd be one of the elites. I don't think our feeble minds are ready to comprehend the awesomeness of a kerry collins superbowl win.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar