Kerry Collins coming in for a visit...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What a stupid ******* move. Why can't the staff see that all our offensive woes stem from the line.

This is very alarming.Some members have expressed the opinion that Chow may be saving his schemes for the season & we are really better than we've shown ,sadly bring Collins says that those hopes are misplaced.

Even Tom Brady would struggle behind our line.

:yell2:Reese you :cuss:

2. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Report: Talks heating up between Titans, QB Collins

A report says the Titans are talking with veteran quarterback Kerry Collins. ...more

[​IMG]

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Terrible idea if true.
    Vicious gossip if false.

4. We need O-Lineman, preferably who don't cause penalties, not f'n Collins, although I can see small reasons to get him

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Is there anyone who thinks our offensive troubles are currently based on a QB problem? I don't think Volek has looked great, but he hasn't looked bad enough to get benched, it's the rest of the team that has done that.

I think it's a security move, since our line isn't going to hold water, we don't want vince starting early.

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Collins to Visit Baptist Sports Park

SUMMARY: Kerry Collins is reportly coming to Baptist Sports Park soon for a physical. Dialogue between the Titans and Collins heated up over the weekend which means, if a contract can be reached, he could be added to the roster by the Packers game Friday. Volek's struggles in the preseason apparently led to renewed interest in Collins whose role would be uncertain if he joins the team. Coach Fisher and GM Floyd Reese could not be reached for comment last night. Collins has started 145 NFL games. Volek, who took over for the departed Steve McNair, has 10 NFL starts. Collins has played for the Panthers, Saints, Giants and Raiders, and has thrown for 33,637 yards, 173 touchdowns and 166 interceptions.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

7. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Speak for yourself.

WTF is wrong with y'all?

How can bringing in some competetion at a weak spot possible do more harm than good? It's complete nonsense.

If we bring in Collins and he beats out Volek and becomes our starter that simply means that we've got ourself a better starting QB..

We've got plenty of cap space this year and there's no reason not to use it. It's not like we're gonna sign this dude long term, it's gonna be a one year contract so it won't hurt us in the future...

And lets face it: Volek has not proved himself in the preseason, and by most accounts VY isn't ready to start.

I might be oldfashioned but my main concern is actually winning football games

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Let me get this right. We can't run the ball because our OL stinks at run blocking. We can't throw the ball because our OL stinks at pass blocking. We can't stop the run which keeps the offense sitting on their hands on the sidelines anyway. The Falcons had 9 rushing first downs to our 3. The Falcons had the ball almost 36 minutes in TOP. So signing a less tan average QB that nobody else wants is now going to make us more effective?

The only thign I can reasonably read into this is that they don't think VY is ready for prime time and they want a backup to Volek. IMO Volek is still the guy going into the regular season. After that it is up to him to keep his job. Either way if we don't block well enough to run the ball better and tackle well enough to stop the run the results will be the same.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think Collins is the ultimate answer to the sluggish O, but at least they're doing something.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Dear Mr. Mauck,
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
    BR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar