Kenny Britts Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think New York values him more than any other team. For one, their top 2 WR's are out this week, one now on IR and the other on the sidelines. New York isn't afraid to roll the dice (see Tebow). Kenny played right down the road at Rutgers, and by taking him in now they'd have a fair chance at evaluating him beofre committing long term to him. He's only accounts for $1.3M next year, so even if it doesn't work out it's not like he costs them much.

If we don't trade him, he'll walk and we'll have nothing. I'm also tired of waiting around for this guy to be consistent. He may explode one week with 150-yards or whatever, but then he's hurt or in handcuffs.

This guy is not a Ruston kind of player, he's immature and reckless, wont be long before he messes up to the point it hurts someone. Let's get out of this while we can still get something for him.

Anything around a 4th round draft pick is enough for me to say farewell.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree with most of what you're saying. But a 4th just isn't enough for me. If we let him go for a mid-late draft pick (that we would probably use on a QB we're converting to SS or something) and he goes on to have a great career we'd be kicking ourselves for years.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I don't think he is as bad as VY or Dez Bryant. He is not angry or bitter. Too much of a 'Happy-go-lucky' type. He just does not work terribly hard or takefootball terribly seriously.

That being said I think the first round pick this year sends a clear message on what the front office thinks of Kenny Britt's future.

4. JCBRAVE

Wow, now Sports Nation is talking about New York adding T.O.

5. JCBRAVE

Ruston needs to be on the phone right now! Hey maybe we could package Britt and Griffin for Landry and a pick.

6. JCBRAVE

Well they just signed Jason Hill

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Problem solved!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Desperation is a stinky cologne....

9. JCBRAVE

Haha, we should still put in a call, see what they think of Kenny.

We would lose some leverage being the ones to call them, but no one else in the NFL would be willing to over pay for Kenny. And by overpay I'm talking about 3rd/4th round picks.

10. JCBRAVE

And now the Jets are talking about T.O.

Hello!!!! Wake up Ruston, trade Kenny...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar