Rumor Kenny Britt to the Lions?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we could only hope....

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I would love to get a pick for him remember we have kevin walter coming off the pup week 7

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Hunter will actually run the go route and can run faster and jump higher than britt we drafted him to take his place and britt just sped the process up

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I balance out the Titans' fanbase's IQ. You guys NEED me.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol you know how backhanded your own comment can be tho right?

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Trust me, there's far too many of them to ever balance it out.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Sounds about right.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Don't know what your 'regular' IQ is...but football IQ??!?!?!?:shakehead:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A couple of factors to consider. Britt now has a leash and it will only get shorter so for him to even remain on the field, he'd better step it up big time and I mean NOW!!! Don't know who watched Locker's post game vid but when he talks about how much he trusts Nate to know Nate will always be in the right spot and will make the clutch catch, nothing about Britt. I don't think Locker trusts Britt right now. Which is another problem. this may be further fueled by us not going pass happy against a strong Jets D so opportunities may be limited that way as well!

If we lost/cut/traded Britt, I don't see us losing much. People act like Hunter would have to replace Britt...he wouldn't. DWill would and he knows the offense cold and I think someone said he might be the best blocking WR on the team. DWill and Nate in 2 WR sets and add Wright as slot in 3 wr sets. With Delanie we don't have a strong need to even go to 4 wr's but that's where we can use Hunter for maybe 10+ snaps a game. So it isn't so much what we'd lose now, but how much depth would we have if we had 1 or more guys go down.

NO ONE, even despite the fact there are a handful of teams that could REALLY use a WR right now, will give us a 3rd or even a 4rth for Britt right now. He's playing very poorly, getting penalties, is in the last year of his contract and not even playing like it, and has a zillion off the field issues. At BEST we'd be lucky to get a 5th and a possible move up based on production but don't hold your breath. I doubt anyone will give the browns a 2nd rnd pick for Gordon who is under contract and playing lights out just due to his off field issues and potential 1 year ban on another strike.

We are more likely to get as good or better compensatory draft pick next year then we could get right now. I don't see us re-signing him unless he will play for a bottom basement contract with incentives, starts showing flashes again and shows he's committed to this team.

The only other factor would be knocking his $2.5mil off our cap right now and use that money to help lock up someone else and to get his distraction out of the Locker room. Unless someone offers us something they shouldn't, I see Britt staying here and the titans taking a wait and see approach. but Britt better be careful. If they think theyd be better off will DWill over Britt and Hunter as our 4th, Britt could also find his way to the bench.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar