Kenny Britt is awesome

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If you look at the numbers for gage and washington neither is really having a particularly good year.

Gage basically disappeared for 3 games where he had a total of 2 catches for 21 yards against the jags-colts-pats.

Washington is consistently getting 2-3 catches a game but not for great yardage and despite being this great speed guy he is only averaging 10.9 yards a catch.

Neither washington or gage has a 100 yard game. Britt has 2.

Britt is our big play maker and he's proven reliable catching the ball. He leads all WRs in almost every single category(Catches-yards-yards per catch).

People have complained we have not had a true #1 WR well here he is.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some interesting stats..

% of catches 20 yards+

Britt 22%
    Gage 13.6%
    Washington 9%

% of catches 40 yards or more..

Britt 9%
    Gage 5%
    Washington 0%

Britt in 33 catches had 7 over 20 yards and 3 over 40.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Britt is too legit to quit. I like him a lot, he plays exactly like I hoped he would. He had a few drops early in the season, but lately has displayed some soft hands and the ability to get open in CRUCIAL moments. Someone mentioned that Vince looks more comfortable throwing to him then anyone else, and I agree. He's big and catches.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Catch % according to football outsiders..

Britt 60%

Washington 47%

Gage 42%

Britt has caught 33 of 55 passes thrown in his direction. 60% is average which shows how crappy washington and gage have been.

Gage and Washington have to take some of the blame for our 6 losses. Britt has been effective for both our QBs.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are those drops or just that they were the targets? Reason I ask is that Wash and Gage are going to see the better CBs. Also, in Wash's case, many of his attempts may be deeper down-field.

Regardless, Wash has to start being more reliable. Gage seems to go in streaks and needs to be more consistent.

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

This was exactly what I was thinking....remember that Preseason game where Vince was showing flashes of what he could be? Guess who had a huge game....Britt.

Britt had that TD where he read the coverage, noticed that it was slightly busted and took advantage of it....he was wide open in the endzone for a 30+ yd TD from Vince. That is the sort of playmaking that Desean Jackson is getting right now...if you see a busted Coverage, adjust your Route and find the gap....albiet as long as your QB isnt already in motion and throwing.

Vince has seemed very comfortable with Britt and with Cook....you think it has to do with maybe getting more practice time with these guys (2nd String)?? Cause you are seeing a certain connection on the field.

Look at it this way we might have a new offensive trio to the McNair/George/Wycheck era....hell maybe even a quatro

Young/Johnson/Britt/Cook.....if things keep going this way, the future looks bright...and not saying this year, but Vince might be a prophet and lead us to a Superbowl Win.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Targets. That is the percentage of balls caught that were thrown in their direction without regard to the quality of coverage or the throw.

I disagree that britt is getting lessor coverage. When he plays he lines up outside for the most part and i think teams are just as worried about him as anyone else. They should be now.

Washington had the chance to catch a big play deep in the houston game and failed.

8. Peyton2Wayne

Peyton2Wayne Banned Camp

Pre-draft he was one of the guys I wanted in a Colts uniform.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think Nate is to short for VY's higher passes. I dont think nate could have caught that game winning TD. Britt had to go high. And Nate seems to have bad vision for where the ball is, he drops a lot of over the shoulder passes thats right in his face. Britt seems to make it look easy.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think fishy needs to keep a 3 WR rotation depends on what routes are on.
    Same with the TE's but Jared cook needs to block because when he comes in means we are gonna pass.

Also I'm glad hawk is doing good I love how he works the slot.

Gage,Britt,Nate,hawk.
    BO,cook,crumpler.

Besides alge we have a really good stuff for the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar