Kenny Britt in Trouble (again)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I honestly am concerned. If you have a new head coach, a new OC and a new QB...you need all the help you can get. Britt doesn't feel like helping anyone but himself and it pisses me off. If he gets suspended, count on D. Williams and even Mariani stepping WAY up. Hell, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a FA or even a 2nd or 3rd string WR. Munchak needs to set a new standard for the team. I honestly hope Britt is made an example of; he needs a wake up call.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I didn't know that. I was thinking they were free to do what they wanted without any action taken by the NFL, due to the lockout.

Regardless, I'm starting to really lose faith in Britt. Not sure why he can't keep his tail out of trouble.

Being a black guy myself, I just don't understand why certain athletes just don't move up to Montana, or Idaho live a happy, safe life and just be blessed that they are where they are for a reason. Out here in Atlanta, they won't hesitate to put a bullet in you if they see you got money, but yet all you see in athletes out here partying it up like they are cleared of danger.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

SMH @ this. I can't believe, well yes I can, but I'm surprised Britt continues to let his turds friends hang on, and drag him down. At the moment Britt should be more afraid of Mike Munchak than Roger Goodell. He won't do any jail time, I did the same thing 2 years ago and received only community service and a 30-day suspended license. But he is black and in New Jersey, so he's gonna have to cough up some serious cash to make this fade away.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Read the article, it's not like it was a high speed pursuit. He saw a cop, tried to dip out, and got spotted. Based on the article, the cops never tried to pull him over, per se. Stupid move, but not a Dukes of Hazzard with blunt smoke rolling out the window situation like people may assume after reading this comment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

New Jersey is a cash strapped State right now, so I'm sure they are licking their chops.

"Give us cash and we will give you leniency"

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Young African American athletes with new money need to get their crap together. The actions of a few are fueling a stereotype that affects many. I'm far from racist, but the trend is clear, and these thuggish hood hooligans (as showcased by the NBA in particular) really need to step their game up and act like professional adults. I'm not saying it's a black and white issue (as far as who's out getting in trouble all the time), but the national perception definitely feels that way.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think the NFL has the market cornered on "thuggish hood hooligans." NBA can't keep up. I hear a lot more stuff on NFL players. But then again, there are a lot more NFL players than NBA players.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Being black in New Jersey doesn't necessarily spell trouble. Maybe Mississippi, Alabama, or Kentucky.

9. JCBRAVE

I think it's less a black & white thing, as it is a rich vs. poor thing.

When you come from a family with money, you have a certain upbringing. I'm not saying wealthy families are better, but am saying they have structure in their life, and accountability. Having this low life as a buddy tells me Kenny did not come from money, which is perfectly okay, but does explain his recklessness, and poor choices.
    [​IMG]

For most of Kenny's childhood it was him and his friends "raising" each other, or in other words; just getting thru $h*t together while their mothers worked 12 hour shifts.

10. JCBRAVE

Kenny went had an October incident, a February incident, and now one in April. Good record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar