"Kenny Britt has been very, very inconsistent," Fisher said

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that you know exactly what Britt was doing during that time and what he's currently doing right now. Silly me to assume he isn't at combines and working out vigorously to try and improve his draft position.

You have zero clue what you're talking about.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The most amazing highlights of McNair's don't come from what Fisher teaches. They came from him stiff arming a LB or out running a DE. McNair was good with Fisher, Fisher is nothing without McNair. Vince Young would still be employed without Jeff Fisher today. Without Vince Young, Jeff Fisher is teaching economics at Nashville State Community College.

In other words; Jeff has his idea of what he wants (Collins), but fights what makes him a "good coach" (Young).

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

You do know that Fisher helps make the decision on who to draft, don't you?

Fisher had a hand in picking Steve, and Vince, and every other player on our roster.

4. JCBRAVE

No, I do know what I am talking about. Read the articles, they're published for you to see. Kenny was with Rod Smith last winter, he's doing something similar to that now. He doesn't need to be brought down by Fisher.

Do you think that because Vince put off the 2007 offseason workouts for his degree, and struggled in 2007 that that means attending Fishers offseason workouts is a plus? Fisher has his idea's and those ideas only. Last time I checked, his ways have won zero titles.

5. Carp

Carp Starter

So now you know what Fisher teaches. You must have been there for practices and obviously you were on the sideline during the games........ :rolleyes:

Fisher's style of play is to control the clock by running the ball and play good defense. What type of QB he has is rather irrelevant. He trusted McNair to run the team. Then we drafted another scrambling QB to replace him.

6. JCBRAVE

Of course he has a say in who's picked, duh. But what makes you a fan of Vince or Steve wasn't the same that Fisher tries pushing on them.

Yes it is a good idea to get rid of a pass or slid instead of taking a hit. But where I say Fisher F's up is in creating an insecurity in Vince's head that he shouldn't do what he feels is right (which is tuck and run). Vince runs well so let him. Don't pound the idea that throwing it away Collins style is good either.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is getting good.

:pop:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What makes me a fan of Steve and Vince is that they played for my Titans.

If Steve hadn't learned to be a pocket passer, he would have been out of the league in 4 years. The same goes for Vince.

Your entire argument is ludicrous.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Neither Steve nor Vince became good players (and the jury is still out on Vince) until they started running less and sitting in the pocket more. This isn't a Fisher policy but more of a necessity to succeed in the NFL. Running QB's who don't throw well, do not stay in the league very long. And not just b/c of injuries, but because you have to be able to effectively throw the ball to be a successful NFL QB.

10. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

Hmmmm. Depends on what you call a losing season. By NFL standards, anything under .500 is a losing season. Here it is, with the losers in red:

2009 8-8
    2008 13-3
    2007 10-6
    2006 9-7
    2005 4-12
    2004 5-11
    2003 12-4
    2002 11-5
    2001 7-9
    2000 13-3
    1999 13-3
    1998 8 8
    1997 8 8
    1996 8 8
    1995 7-9

Even if you count the 8-8 as losers, you still only have 8 out of 15. He has only been a head coach since 1995.
    Not defending Fisher, but I think your expectations are a bit high for any coach. Even the greatest coaches had s*itty seasons too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar