Kendall Wright says Baylor had NO playbook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What i recall was Bo being deactivated for supporting Vince, not cause Jared was pushing him. Cook has been just as much a bust as Vince.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

He wasn't saying that Baylor was the only college in the nation that didn't have a playbook, he was saying that of all the rookies at the Titans minicamp, he was the only one who didn't have a playbook in college.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Pretty sure Jared Cook managed to run the wrong route basically every play last year, and it was painfully obvious.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see it as a major feat that he had a good year; I see it as a tragedy that what he has between his ears is holding him back as one of the best athletes at the TE position I have ever seen.

4. JCBRAVE

Not handing out playbooks is common when coaches want to keep things underwraps. I know that smaller schools and a lot of high schools dont hand out playbooks.

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

He will be fine. Many many very good WRs in NFL history had Offenses like this in college. As many have said before, I would be more worried about RGIII as its much much harder for a QB to go from zero playbook to a 300 play book of plays.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Are you speaking in current time? lol

7. JCBRAVE

He cant be a bust. But im disapointed honestly in what he has and hasnt done. Not a bust, but thats cause hes a later pick and a TE

8. pettso

pettso Starter

I honestly think the coaches still don't have much faith in Cook. That's why they drafted Thompson and I think he'll take over Cook's spot sooner than most of you think. He seems like a fairly bright guy (mainly from watching some of his interviews) and if he can pick up the playbook and show consistency, I can see him pushing Cook by the end of the year.

Cook is clearly dumb as a brick - as much as I think Fisher was an idiot, he's not THAT dumb. He took a risk on Cook - it wasn't a VY situation where Bud got involved. If Cook was ready to go, Fisher would have put him in. Britt being out of shape is a good reason IMO, dude used to pull hamstrings like it was his job.

Edit: On topic, like most others have said. I'm not worried about that at all. Wright was able to develop a good on-the-field relationship with RG3 and he has the athletic ability to be good. That's all that matters to me.

9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I think that we got Thompson to take Daniel Graham's spot. Win - win situation. Graham did nothing last year IMO. Cook must become a better run blocker, bottom line.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I never said he wasn't productive, but if the idiot could learn the playbook he'd be even better. And bringing up fisher is completely irrelevant, you're right, but it has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar