Kendall Wright says Baylor had NO playbook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I really don't get the Palmer hate. Our O did pretty well last year considering Britt went down, Amano couldn't block anyone, and Hasselbeck would go hot/cold all year long. And it looks like he was able to get some of our recievers to finally develop some.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Rolltide holds everyone's jock.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

18 is nothing to be worried about. It's actually good compared to other receivers recently.

A.J. Green: 10
    Julio Jones: 15
    Dez Bryant: 16
    Michael Crabtree: 15
    Hakeem Nicks: 11
    Kenny Britt: 21 (way to go, Kenny!)

This no playbook thing doesn't concern me in the least. It will be very easy to start Wright off with a few easy routes and build from there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Doesn't Jared Cook have a huge problem learning plays? How frustrating would it be if we had the talent of Wright, Cook, and Britt but because of injuries, and not being smart enough to learn a playbook they never put it all together? I'm not saying it will happen (I think Wright will be fine) but it would suck.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

at least it wasn't a 6.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it was a 9 'the Diva' was holding it upside down

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah im with the majority. I am not too worried about the "no playbook" thing either, just throwing it out there though - seems 90% arn't too concerned.

This quote sorta baffles me though - Why would just one college do this? Probably many others we just dont here about it ...

but anyways hopefully he and OC Palmer clicks. Seeing how he was RG IIIs favorite target I am leaning towards staying positive that he picks up right where he left off.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Didn't Cam Newton say Auburn did something similar where plays were called in with signs from the sideline?

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I feel the reason they thought he'd be such a great fit is because he had great chemistry with a mobile QB. I'm not concerned about the whole playbook issue one bit. He's probably an extremely intuitive WR who will make plays when the pocket breaks down on Locker. Kenny Britt has the same natural instincts.

I'm really hoping that Britt takes his time to come back from the injury and looks to make a long term commitment to the Titans. If we can get both Britt and Wright integrated into the offense along with all of the other weapons we have, we could have a top offense in the league.

We'll have an extremely fast offense this season. I think we'll cause a lot of match up problems. Even the rookie Thompson looks promising. Can you image him and Cook out there with Wright and Britt out wide??

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar