Keith Bulluck bought full page in Tennessean

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Easy to get a lot of tackles when the defense was on the field for most of the game, just like it's easier to rush for 1,000 yards if you're handed the ball nearly every play. A truly great player improves the rest of the defense, as you can tell with Ray Lewis, Haynesworth (in his one productive season), Demarcus Ware, etc. It couldn't have been much worse last year.

Bulluck was pedestrian last year, plain and simple. He was nothing special at that point. He was a below-average Joe just like the rest of our Defense at that point. The only thing distinguishing him from anyone else was his number.
    I'm not saying he never was special, because he was... But last year, he was not an all-star.

We would have started 0-6 without him, and we very well could have still finished 8-8 without him. What's the worst possible scenario? We lose 69-0 instead of 59-0 against the Patriots?

"I've been playing sports since I was 8," Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck said, "and never have I experienced something like that."

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^Hey- I was at the Pats game. Bulluck was THE ONLY Titan the field that day that appeared to give a damn. What you couldn't see on TV was that he was hustling to the ball EVERY play. Everybody else looked like they had broken glass stuck in their feet.

If you can't recognize his effort on the field, then surely you can't regard his locker room influence and leadership skills as "pedestrian". You are also disregarding we had a new DC last year. That IMO (in addition to no AH) is the major reason our Defense sucked so bad last year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is what scares me, that Fish actually thinks that Allred is gonna be the answer. I hate to bash the guy but come one, Colin Allred WTF?

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bingo!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Total class and a good move financially as well. He will make a lot of money here long after he is done playing.

He has never been in a super bowl so this year i'll be cheering for the giants to be our opponent in the super bowl and cheering for us to kick his arse! Then the big collective hug later.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought giving Curran #53 so soon was a slap in the face.

Whether it was intended to be or not, you wonder sometimes what the front office is thinking by doing such things.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. Almost seems like they are deliberately trying to piss guys off sometimes. Intentional or not, they KNEW how it would be received. If the Titans and Keith had parted on better terms it might not have been perceived as that big of a deal. But the way things ended (according to Keith at least), combined with giving his # away so soon just looks bad on the organization.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

10. iQon

iQon Starter

I noticed this playing Madden.

Really poor taste, but it's possible the brass did try talking him into another number. Rennie wore 35 at Georgia. I'm sure he would have taken that if he could and if anybody doesn't care about taking Bulluck's number... it'd probably be a rookie.

btw, has anyone noticed other athletes doing this now? :rolleyes: Seems like when the national media praised Keith for this move, Zydrunus Ilgauskus took a page out in Cleveland and LeBron took one out in his hometown. How ironic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar