Keith Bulluck blasted Fisher and Fisher lies... staying the course...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The thought of creating a "spark" as we're now calling it, was a good thought. The problem was that the guy who was in position to be that spark is the exact opposite of what you'd want vs Pittsburgh. Collins is an experience veteran who can't move left or right, but only backwards. NOT want you want vs a dominate 3-4 blitzing defense. That Steelers defense is going to win them several games before they begin to break down. And luckily for them they wont see a great QB til November. I can't wait for the Vince Young haters to see even Joe Flacco, Drew Brees, and Carson Palmer struggle to have good games. It's not that Vince was in over his head, but it's he wasn't properly prepared for that game. I was hoping he'd use his legs more, but he now seems to second guess breaking the pocket. I wonder who made it that way...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Oh yeah, on the last INT intended for Gage, he had a clear running lane right up the middle. The first down was within sight

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Being that Fisher has been around for a long time, he knows the calculated risk of doing some things. He's been around long enough to know that on 3rd & long, your chances of converting are small. God forbid he passes on 3rd & long when it's in his own half of the field. I don''t mind that mentality in the 1st quarter, but he'll never win big games thinking like that. He needs to believe in his players more I'd say. And Bulluck not coming back isn't that bad of a thing after the Witherspoon signing. I was honesty more excited about that acquisition than I was of trying to bring back Bulluck. Not signing Eddie hurt, but was clearly the right move after that season he had in Dallas. He didn't even technically start the opener with the Cowboys. They came out with 4 WR's. So that tells you something. I love Eddie George, but it had to happen.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Going back to the 1999 season Fisher is 32-43 against playoff teams. I understanding you leaving out the SB season, it hurts your case. Even so, the record is 26-41........ not 24-43.

Wanna talk about having losing seasons? Jeff Fisher has had 4 losing records in 15 full seasons. Belichick has 5. The Genius Belichick was a loser 5 out of his first 6 seasons. Season 7, enter Hall of Famer Tom Brady in the mix and Billy boy now may be the best coach ever. Trust me, a 1st ballot hall of fame QB will help a coaches success!! Jeff Fisher has never had one and the QBs on the roster now can't even speak of the Hall because they could be struck down by lightning from blasphemy!

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

What crap. "Hairboy" is no where close to being a Donnie Nickey. Donnie Nickey is a true American and someone for all kids to idolize. He lives the American dream, doesn't do anything and gets paid for it. Millions on welfare worship idols of Donnie Nickey everyday. How many people worship hairboy?

oh and btw.. Fisher is a piece of crap. How long has he been here, how many titles do we have? I could care less about winning seasons, winning seasons alone are not that impressive. We need a superbowl victory, not some terrible image burnt into our minds of a receiver going down 1 yard short reaching out as far as he can....

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not true, Nickey is a special teams CAPTAIN.

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

What... don't tell me your actually implying that guys on our special teams work...

That just means he is the laziest of the lazy...

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There are quite a few coaches who might disagree with you.

So what makes you think we are supposed to win championships with the QBs we have had? What coach would win a title with Vince Young and Kerry Collins?

Unless Vince Young can consistently be a top 10 type QB or we find a Qb who is of that caliber we will not win a championship.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Spoken like a true Vince Young fan. The "Guy" which in this case was Collins had started 2 games vs the Steelers and their 3-4 defense in the past 2 seasons. His numbers were 42 of 64 for 459 yards (11 yards per attempt), 2 TDs and 1 Int. Pretty awful huh? So, when VY got yanked after getting progressively worse he was 7 of 10 for 66 yards (9 yards per attempt), 0TDs and 2 INTs. So, Collins comes in and his numbers were 17 of 25 for 149 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. All 3 times Collins played against the Steelers he out played Young's 3 quarters.

The above facts totally destroys your underlined opinion that it was a bad decision to try Collins. We were a Nate Washington catch away from a game tying 2 pt play! I guess I need to remember, it's always what Young MIGHT do that has his fans always chirping.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many seasons out of the 15 full years that Fisher has coached did we honestly have the horses to win a championship? If that is the litmus test then tell me how many years we were truly talented enough to finish at the top of 32 teams?

3-4? 99, 2000, 2003, 2008. Maybe? The teams we lost to in the playoffs of 99, 2000, 2003 those years was the team that won it all. We have had regular season wins against super bowl bound teams like the Giants and Ravens in 2000, the Panthers in 03 and the Steelers in 08.

We had the 2nd best team in the whole league at least 3 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar