Keep Chief Red Hat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

I consider myself one of Chief Red Hat's biggest critics here and have been wanting him gone for several years now. The defense played good today and has for the past couple of weeks, but there were way to many missed tackles and Gerrard was about to double back against our undisciplined team. On their touchdown drive (drew's 12 yard run), Gerrard rolled right, and the went back left and found a wide open WR. The defense didn't stay at home. They did not contain. That's a undisciplined defenese. I believe the amount of missed tackles echo the my sentiment.

2. Yeah, and... ?

How have they done over the last few weeks? For what it's worth, the Titans have allowed 21.4 points per game over the last 9 games. That's following a 4 game average of over 30 to open the season. And over the last 4 games, they have allowed under 18 ppg.

3. Of course not. But he deserves just as much credit for those plays as he deserves scorn when the players miss tackles, blow coverages, or fail to beat their blockers. Yet you guys blame him for that stuff constantly...

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That was the worst defensive call of the game :yes:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I refer you to the other thread where you made this claim.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You say that if Schwartz gets the blame when we suck then he should also get some credit when we perform well.

Logically that's a reasonable argument.

It still doesn't mean Schwartz is a good coach though. Personally I really want to see what someone else can do with our D.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I still don't think the defense played all that great - take a way a few (less than 5) individual efforts and this game would have gotten out of hand

we gave up over 200 yards rushing and 233 passing
    ------in comparison with the Jags D------------------
    they only gave up 41 yards on the ground and 85 yards in the air
    >>>> they also had the ball for 3 quarters

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah ... like an occassional blitz; might as well blitz LT3 since he can't cover
    I'd also like to see someone bring back some of the 46
    ad getting a few looks at the 3-4 might also be cool

I think Jimmy would make a good positional coach, but he has AMPLE time to prove that his boy-genius schemes are as ingenius as some claim (ad be is at it may that we've seen them every other blue moon - we do not see them consisitently)

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Alright, for this game, and the Colts games, I give him credit, but thats it, I think he should be gone after this year, but he can shut down a division rival very well, but, over time, any coordinator can do that, and because he hasnt done anything against an outside team, which is part of his job, fire him

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The Colts are having serious issues and the Jags have lit us up the last 3 games. I'm not impressed with Schwartz, but more the heart and effort of some of the players on the D yesterday. I just really feel bad for them being subjected to 3 whole quarters of D, being as their own genius coach with brilliant schemes couldn't figure out how to make a stop on 3rd down and get his team off the field. Still rediculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar