Keenan Allen in play Rd 2 with poor 40?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xhrr, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Keenan Allen could be in play for our second round pick with a 4.71 40 time even though he is said to be around 80% of his former self coming off a PCL injury. I'd pull the trigger on him for sure over guys like Hopkins and even Patton who I'm very high on if he falls.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If he's there, absolutely.

But I still think he'll go in the 1st. A lot of the teams with later picks need WR help bad.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'll go out and say that Keenan won't be anything special in the NFL. Whoever wastes a 2nd round pick on him will regret it.

Way too slow to play on the outside in the NFL and he is not physical enough to be a possession WR.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Mayock says it didn't hurt his stock but had his range listed between 25-45. Pretty broad but the possibility is there. I still think Patton, Hopkins, or Hunter one will be available if not him so we should be able to grab a nice WR in the second assuming that is the route we take.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I thought he was pretty physical from what I saw of him against UCLA. That about as far as my game tape of him goes but he had good body control and runs hard after the catch. You may have more knowledge of him than me which is why I made the thread to get others inputs. From what I gather he is some Jordy Nelson some Boldin and was a late first guy projected guy.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nooo, I wouldn't compare him to Boldin at all, other than the slow 40 times.

I can kinda see the Jordy Nelson comparison from his K State days. Jordy has evolved into a complete package these days though.

Allen reminds me of Derrick Hamilton who played with Clemson back in the early 2000s. Allen is a little bit shorter, but they are mirror images of each other. They both had the same speed, and you would always say to yourself "how does he take 70 yard reverses home with that type of speed" but they always have a nose for the endzone.

I've been wrong in the past, but I think Keenan won't be anything special in the NFL, unless he goes the Boldin route and finds a certain niche.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

DeAndre Hopkins is who I would want.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I like Hopkins and Patton round 2. I think Hunter might sneak into the first. Titanup1982 has me talked out of Allen until further notice. Hopefully he goes late first still if that is the case or sometime before our second selection.

I know you say Patton tear up your boys.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hey now, if Allen is your guy, that's your guy. I just don't think he is that good.

Like Rusty Smith said, I want Hopkins too.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He never was. I was more so speaking out loud about a possible first round WR falling to us round 2. I've looked into a little more after your comments, he is good but nothing really stood out. He seems like a good at everything great at nothing type of guy.

If I had a guy it would probably be Patton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar