Kearse Wants to be an Every Down DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When the Titans brought back Jevon Kearse most people felt his duties would replace those of Travis LaBoy who was lost to free agency -- a situational pass rusher. But that currently isn't in the plans if Kearse gets his way. "I haven't heard that. I can't even subject myself to commentate on that right now," Kearse said, shaking his head. "Yes. I mean if they know what's good for them, that's what they'll do. If they make me situational, then I'll be that. But every down is what I am looking forward to … I'm still the same player, but that scheme up in Philly was different. All I've got to say is proof is in the pudding, so I can't even talk about it. Just watch and see."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I hope he is, I really do!

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Kearse is coming off basically an injury plagued tenure in philly, and hopefully that is behind him. I can't really think of who would start ahead of him on opening day anyway... He might not have as many snaps as he'd like, but he'll prolly be the starter. With the personel we have at the other linemen positions, I have no doubt that he has a great chance to revive his career and flourish.

He'll be practically single blocked the entire time, and I have confidence that he still has the explosiveness and quickness to beat anyone while single blocked.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we all hope, but keep the expectations to a minimum. He is often injured. And injuries don't get better with age, they often get worse.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Based on his injury history and age. I think he can be much more productive as a situational rusher. I'm more concerned about that spot against the run as Kearse was never strong there to begin with.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

:werd:

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'll post in this this thread later, but I can't even subject myself to commentate on this right now.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

kearse is going senile

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

'watch n c' - i like it when plahyers call themselves out...im a huge kearse fan..really hope he can proove his worth once again

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't expect him to be like KVB....hell hardly any d-lineman are. I bet he gets the "start", the whole LP Field introduction, etc.

I think whoever gets the rest of the reps with Jevon could be similar to rotating Odom/LaBoy last year. Odom wasn't strong against the run, neither was LaBoy. Just go sic QB. Jones and Fisher look like more run stopper types, and could do some time inside. So maybe it's Jevon/Ford/Hayes for the outside rotation. But there's plenty of options, which is good :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar