KC inept

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

It has nothing to do with the coaching...Indianapolis stopped the run, and that allowed them to win the game. If they had stopped us from running the ball, they would have blown us out too.

It was only a year ago that we were getting embarassed by the Colts also....does that mean we weren't prepared????

Peyton Manning is unstoppable.....Yes he had three INT's, but he completed nearly 80% of his passes. It is so hard to defend against him.

Sure I think we would have played better against the Colts, but the Chiefs WERE a better team than us this year.

2. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

Wait till they have to play the Ravens.... this should be interesting... :yes:

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Why would you compare the Chiefs to Titans team from last year?

So what are you saying? That it is ok to throw a few INTs as long as you finish with a high completion percentage?

Manning is a great QB but he is certainly not unstoppable... otherwise the Colts would have had a couple of SBs by now. And the reason he finished with a high completion percentage is because the Chiefs were trying to prevent the big plays and thus allowing the short passes - the same type of defense that most teams play against the Colts.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you have Larry Johnson in the backfield, and can't get AT LEAST 200 yards rushing on the day, your entire coaching staff should be sent to the highschool level.
    Seriously.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Please don't talk about what Manning did as having anything to do with this win. The Colts defense stepped up, and they carried Manning through this game. Manning almost cost the Colts the game with that interception deep in Colts territory when they had a six point lead. If the Chiefs had been able to get it into the endzone, it could have completely changed the game. The Colts defense won this one, not Manning.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Manning is the best defense vs the colts you'll ever see in the post-season.

7. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

First of all, the D should get some props for shutting down LJ...however, the tone was set from the very first play. Everybody and their mother knew the Cheifs were going to try and run it right up the gut on the first play. The colts stuffed it...their confidence was way up and the Cheifs was way down after just one play. After that, the Chiefs never seemed to look very inspired on the offensive side of the ball. I would have done some playaction on that first play...gotten a short completion and softened up the D a little bit, then started pounding it.

8. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

What I meant is that if any other QB threw 3 picks, the offense wouldn't have been able to score 23 points. Manning was able to seal the deal in the end with those 2 TD drives.One of the reasons Addai was so succesful was because the D had to play against the pass.

The Credit for that win goes to Peyton Manning, and the Colts D.

I'll say -60% Colts D -25% Manning -10% Chiefs not executing -5% Chiefs Coaching

You guys just dont seem to get that our fate would have been just as bad if the Colts had stuffed the run against us.

Peyton Manning is stoppable, but very few defenses are able to do it. More often than not, Peyton makes some VERY good defenses look horrible.

Without Peyton Manning, the Colts wouldn't have had a winning record.

The Matchup this week is gonna be real interesting. As badly as I wanna see the Ravens win, it's gonna be real tough. Ithink that the Ravens have a D that can cause some problems for Manning, but if they don't, it could be a long day. The matchup that really scares me is Freeney Vs Ogden. I'm sure Jonathan is still having nightmares about their last encounter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar