Kamerion Wimbley another over paid scrub...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think Klug would do well as a 3-4 DE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

The team waiting on Manning killed them in the Mario Williams sweepstakes when they clearly could have signed him

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm glad we missed out on both.

Missing out on Myers/Wells was the worst part.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'ma laugh when Kam gets a 4 sack performance vs the Steelers.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I am disapointed as well in Wimbley I really thought hed be motivated after being cut by the lowly Browns and Raiders to come in here with a fresh start but just yet another, "gimme my money so I can play medicore cuz i got me my money!"

So far hes been a waste of space just like the rest of this sorry excuse for an NFL team. Not 100% ready to throw in the towel because he was our "biggest off-season acquisition" but not looking to pay off as of now.

But yah look at what Mario Williams is doing in Buffalo - he may be even a bigger waste of space. Houston got that one right and saved a ton of money by letting him walk.

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Hilarious all the people who said us not getting Manning or Williams would ruin our season...

NOPE THE REST OF THE SCRUBS/COACHES RUINED IT ANYWAY WITH THOSE TWO MASSIVE CONTRACTS

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Huh? Have you not seen how completely ineffective Williams has been this season?

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It really is hard to blame the front office for bringing in Wimbley. They knew that our pass rush was garbage last yr and had to try to improve it. We signed the 2nd best DE on the market and thank goodness we didn't sign Williams to a huge deal. The FO also didn't want to draft another DE in the 1st after spending one on Morgan. Klug and Casey haven't gotten the inside penetration that they got last year.

Fixing the pass rush is tough to do in the 4-3 unless you are able to get 2 guys that can consistently beat one on one blocking. if you want to improve the pass rush then changing the scheme is what needs to happen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wimbley was not cut by the Browns they traded him To the Raiders for a 3rd rd pick. A cheap price considering he was the 13th pick in the draft and had 11.5 sacks as a rookie.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel bad for Wimbley, dude gets drafted by Cleveland, then gets shipped off to Oakland, now he's in Tennessee where some silly fans think he sucks. The dude gets double teamed every single play, sometimes the RB chips in and makes it 3-on-1. If you're mad, be mad at the other 3 defensive linemen, they're the ones sucking it up. Morgan gets doubled a lot as well, but teams know Wimbley is the guy to focus on, and they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar