Justin McCareins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No. I'm staying that adding McCareins may keep those guys deeper on the depth chart. If he doesn't give you anything more than what R. Williams, Gage and Jones do, why have him? He needs to add something significant.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i've read speculation that the reason why we haven't made a concerted effort to sign an average WR is because they believe that Paul W. and Chris D. have shown enough to them to avoid this years crop of FA's

again... just speculation

3. The fact is, we have a ton of depth. McCareins isn't necessarily any better than any of our top 3 WRs. And they may well like the potential of the next few guys on the roster that they don't want to cut off their playing time. Plus, if they plan to draft a rookie, that's a lot of WRs to split playing time...

Unless McCariens accepts a pretty cheap deal (Gage took a 1-year, $1M contract last year), he probably won't get signed here or anywhere else...

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he's really not worth much, I agree totally. If he'll settle for a deal similar to what gage got last year, he'll be a titan...but if he's a stickler, i don't think he'll have anyone in the nfl wanting his services.

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

i watched him drop pass after pass with the jets this year, he is well out of any prime he mighta been in. I agree, i will be very happy if we sign him but only for 1 year and 1 mill...prove yourself gage did and he cashed in. Prove yourself

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I just can't wait for training camp when some of these rejects get cut (Mike Williams, Brandon Jones, Chris Davis, Ealy...) Let's bring in some new WR's and let them battle it out. If you light a little fire under them, i'm sure we'll get a little more production out of them.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Did J-Mac actually do anything in Tennessee? I actually don't remember much about him.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he was alright. pretty solid but definately overrated. AND MOST DEFINATELY out of whatever "prime" he may have been in.

I remember him hauling in catches from mcnair, but he was only our 2nd or 3rd receiver and didn't do much. I believe Mason and Bennett were ahead of him.

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well i will say he was one of my favorite players at the time. He was over shadowed by Drew Bennett and Derrick Mason, but he was very very good and had a great vibe with McNair. I believe if im not mistaken J-Mac played a big role in Stevey Macs Co-MVP year. So to answer your question, yes he was good then. But when he went to the Jets he fell apart.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That is over paying for a Free Agent WR who might be slightly better than our current crop is idiotic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar