Justin McCareins agrees to 1 year deal with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If BJ gets cut because he can't catch well then pretty much everyone at WR should be cut. Remember last off-season it was the direct opposite. BJ is #1and Roydell should be cut.

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

It's that we want progress not degress. Roydell seems to be getting better while Brandon dropped the more balls. Especially in the key moments. That Indy game just killed me. By the way its on NFL Network at ten.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

regress.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brandon jones had a significant knee injury in 05. It looked like he was going to come back from it but was never very productive last year and gets hurt all the time. He was handed the starting job on day one and never did much with it. That's in addition to dropping too many passes.

I honestly don't know why anyone would complain about picking up mccareins. He costs us nothing and it is one year deal so he should be motivated to play.

5. Nash

Nash Starter

I've been doing some thinking about the offense and wr's, it seems to me we now have 5 big receivers to think about ...Gage, JMac, P Williams, Ealy, and Mike Williams, and if Mike Williams is in shape he just might make it, given Dinger's reported love for big outside receivers.. so what exactly is the value of big outside receivers.. bigger target at 7-25 yard range, more physical receivers, better at fades, better at using position, and better blockers.. if Dinger plans to use the big receivers that way, does another big receiver such as Sweed, Kelly, Hardy represent a significant upgrade?? I don't think so..we will still run the ball a lot

that leaves C Davis, Roydell Williams, and B Jones, all smaller but not necessarily fast.. Davis has some moves if he learns to concentrate and play.. seems to me we need a small very shifty very fast receiver to join the big boys such as Manningham or Caldwell or Dexter Jackson

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I don't think it's what we signed more of what we DIDN'T sign.

7. VY#10MVP

VY#10MVP Element_of_One

I like the deal, but i just wonder if its enough of an upgrade for vince. I'm tired of seeing our offense in the low 20's. I want the O' to atleast be in the top 15 this coming year, but it doesn't look like we have its going to happen unless when June 1st comes around and we get lucky with a dynamic cap cut.

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Brandon "I DROPPED THE ROCK AGAIN" Jones, is a bum and deserves to be cut a.s.a.p. To many dropped passes on key situations, he is good as gone !!:grrhee:

9. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Hey i bet we could bring Darrell Jackson for cheap to nashville and give him a shot!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar