Justin Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dangerousone, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangerousone

dangerousone Guest

I just want to introduce myself to the forum. I am from the same town as Justin Gage so I will make a posts every now and then. I recently saw a thread with Justin in it and there was already some criticism of him but some of it is warranted. I am not here to just take up for Justin but I just want to tell the members what type of player you are getting. Not that I am any better at analizing football than you but I have seen him from high school up until this point.

Positves:
    -Good Person, Titans will never have an issue with him as far as work ethic, being arrested, or attitude with teammates or coaches.

-Very athletic, Bears did not take advantage of it. He should be used in the red zone for jump balls.

-Great blocker, physical, strong and can get away from press coverage.

-Good at slant routes

Negatives:
    -Speed is an issue. If you are looking for a speed burner then you won't like Gage.

-Can't get seperation so an accurate QB would help.

-Concentration at times. He has good hands but sometimes he may loose concentration but I think he has corrected that a lot.

Role with Titans:
    I have no idea because I am not familiar with the other receivers on the team.
    He is definetly not a #1 receiver. He started as a 2nd receiver for a while his 3rd year but got his spot taken.

Overall I think just willbe a pleasant suprise. He will definetly make some highlight reel catches, he just needs to be consitent.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

im pretty sure everyone in the nfl is pretty athletic. and a good person wont get him any better on the field.

3. dangerousone

dangerousone Guest

That is a valid point but I wasn't saying that he will be on the field because he is a good person, was just explaining his character. I don't think you need people with character issues on a team.

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i don't expect him to contribute much. there's no pressure on him really.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

It sounds to me like he'll be a good downfield blocker when Vince takes off. Also seems like he'd be a good jump ball guy. I'm not expecting a super star, but I hope he's a good role player.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to use my sig image if you want. My boy RyansTitans made it for me.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

is that because Young won't get him the ball since Gage needs a accurate passer :ha:

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

And that's all we really need, we've already got a superstar on offense :vince: we don't need a whole team of them

8. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

:bump:

But anyways how do you guys feel about Gage? I've been really starting to like him the past few weeks and I hope he is a starter here for us for a long time. We need to throw to him more often. As you seen from sundays game when we actually threw to our receivers accurately they caught the ball and we got points. It happened 2 times in a row on back to back drives. We should learn from that and do the same thing against SD next week.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gage is great as an inside receiver. We just need one more guy with speed outside especially with jones being hurt all the time. Wouldn't hurt to have a big time receiving TE to go along with scaife either. A wycheck type TE would be a huge asset..

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Nice bump.

I feel Gage has been our best receiver this season. He's made some mistakes but really seems to be improving.

I still feel he is only an above average WR and we should be able to get a new number 1&2 receiver over the next two seasons.

But, Gage has been impressive and hopefully we can keep him around, if he isn't out for too much money.

I don't think this franchise can continue to switch up starting receivers so much and expect to see improvement in Vince's passing game. We certainly need someone Vince has chemistry with and someone who can improvise well in the open field, imo.

Maybe Chicago will drop another 4th or 5th string WR and we can pick him up. Or going for Berrian sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar