Justin Blalock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vince10, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

The Titans need defense a lot more, but they should really consider this guy at 19. Someone is going to get a good one. Witth salaries guards are commanding these days, using a 1st round pick on one shouldnt be as taboo as it once was. Besides, he can play a very credible RT if needed, if we had an injury, for instance.

He is ridiculously strong, nimble for such a big guy, and very intelligent. At the least I think you have a very good guard. Personally, I see Bruce Matthews. Together with Stewart and Roos, we could have a great OL for the next decade. Thats never a bad thing.

Just a thought, and not even worth $0.02 until I am hired into the Titans' FO.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

guards just arent worth first round picks, no matter how much they are getting paid on the market. they are just to replaceable

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Even if that guard was Bruce Matthews? Or Larry Allen? It is not an infallible rule, especially with how much FA guards cost now. I think Blalock has an excellent chance to be worth it.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bruce matthews could play all five positions, very well i might add, and larry allen was a second round pick.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I wouldn't mind building up the o-line.

6. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I'd love to have Blalock on the Titans as a Longhorn fan, but I really think we need to get help on the defensive side of the ball. Quality guards can be found in the late rounds and through undrafted free agents.

7. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I wonder if Allen a 2nd rounder b/c some team didnt want a guard in the 1st round. If so, what a monumental mistake. He completely changed the LOS for the Cowboys for a long long time. Emmitt Smith owes him half of his salary for those years. I understand that good tackles are harder to find, but sometimes it may just be a better idea to get a guy you think can make a difference.

Matthews was just an illustration. Not sure Blalock has probowl potential at LT, but possibly anywhere else on the line, especially if he played RT for a power running team like, well, us.

Bottom line is he will be a good professional. Not the guy who shows up fat and with an attitude. He'll understand the business.

I dont think the Titans are looking at him, though. But another Texas guy they should consider is Lyle Sendlein. Doesnt have super measureables, but he has adequate NFL size and he knows how to play. Would be an absolute steal in the 7th round to backup Mawae for a couple years before possibly taking over. Certainly as likely to become a good NFL center as most of the guys that will go higher in the draft, and will probaly require minimal investment to pick up.

8. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I agree on the Sendlein statement. Kasey Studdard would be a great O-line addition late in the draft or undrafted FA. Rumor has it that Studdard only wears a helmet to prevent him from eating the opposing teams players.

[​IMG]

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I think Studdard goes to the Broncos in the 4th or 5th. The Texans could use him too, if they werent stupid. The Broncos have been winning with guys like him for many years now. Not big, but quick and very mean.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

yeah but we could trade down a bit, pick up extra picks, and still draft him if we really wanted him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar