Just think in two weeks Pacman might be allowed to return to practice.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Henry joins Bengals' practice for first time since suspension - ESPN.com/nfl

since henry came back now...and pac has a two game longer suspesion from the league...ill assume two things that pac has the same policy and that he will be eligable to return....if so....than i cant wait....pac back

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We'll see... especially since none of pac's legal issues have resolved themselves yet.

3. titan_fan_4ever

neither has he proven guilty in anyone nor has he gotten in trouble nor has any bad articles came out about him. i think he has done a really good job staying good and i think he will be able to return. (only 'bad' ariticle that game up was that guy who wanted to sue him...but taht was w/ respect to the club thing that already happened b4..nothing new)

i really expect to see him back..and i like that he hasnt gotten into any more trouble...i thought almost for sure he'd be kicked out over some stupid thing he did over the suspension time.....

do i dare say pac is finally taking his life seriously now???

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think I hope so - but Pac's suspension is technically 16 games, with the possibility of being lowered to 10. I don't know the language of the terms that dictate how he gets it lowered, but I'd imagine Pac would have to have "wow"ed Goodell with his commitment to change. He's stayed out of trouble, but he hasn't gone out of his way to work himself back early... and all his pending legal issues have been delayed. Goodell was expecting to have seen some favorable resolution to at least the GA case by game 10. AFAIK, he hasn't lowered any of the suspensions to the minimum that he has proposed. 6-8 weeks has meant 8 weeks. I'm afraid 10-16 will mean 16.

5. titan_fan_4ever

i remember that article when pac actually adressed the media. im not gonna look for it...but it said that he thinks he's done enough to be reinstated. now pac rarely speaks to the media and is very careful of what he says..probably runs everything by his agent b4 saying it...so from lookin at it from that angle....it can really only mean something good

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, that's not really true. I agree with the analysis in the post before this, the suspension was 16 games with the possibility for reduction. That reduction was presumably going to be based on him working out his legal issues. They have not been resolved, he still has very serious legal charges pending against him.

As for "nothing bad having happened", well, he got a speeding ticket when he was out past his curfew, and he did the whole wrestling thing which the league clearly did not want him to do. Of course, those aren't that bad, but when you're trying to provide positive reasons to be reinstated, shouldn't you be more careful?

It's possible that Goodell may have changed his stance, and may let him back in. But I'm not going to be too hopeful until we hear something from the league.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

count me as one that wants Pac back on the team....

8. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I can't imagine The Commish letting Pac Back without a positive ending (however improbable) to both the trouble in GA and NV. Without acquittals in both cases, he is looking at getting additional time IMO, not time off for good behavior.

Selfishly, I would like to have him back on the team. A superb kick returner could really help us out. But he's a loose cannon. I don't trust him. So why take a chance? I guess I don't want him back after all.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He isnt going to be back this year. Im pretty sure those looking forward to his return in a few weeks are going to end up disappointed.

10. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Madaboutmcnair I would like to be the first to 2nd your signature. Truer words may never have been spoken.:boom:You could change it to NFL tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar