Just saw Finny on E60 and...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by WV2SoCalTitan, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

it was a great piece about him the player on and off the field. Damn I wish we would have kept him. I realize it didnt make sense financially, but he was the heart of our Defense and we are seeing results of not having that leadership around.

Somebody needs to step up and be that guy, I was hoping McCarthy would, but he cant stay healthy. Griffin sure isnt the guy, not sure why we signed, or how we get out of that contract, but hes got to go. Maybe a trade they extended the trade deadline to week 9 this year, if we can get a 5th or higher plus a live body we should take it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Ya know one thing that bugs me... is the "McCarthy can't stay healthy thing." If you snap an ankle or ACL, that's on you. But when you have one of the big boys roll up on your ankle, there ain't crap you can do about it.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

explain.....

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'd like to hear this also.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

There's really not much to say, some players have the ability to stay healthy and game (Roos, Stewy, CJ, etc...), some players (even the most talented sometimes) just can't stay healthy and their careers as a result suffer (Britt, CMac, etc...).

When I was younger, I thought it was also all 'luck' but its really not. Some players just have higher perpetuity to get injured and C-Mac is one of those guys. Sure this time it was a rolled ankle, but (I really hope I'm wrong here) with these type of players its always going to be something.

Again, both Britt and CMac are still very young, so they can still turn it around (and i really pray they do b/c they are two of my favorite players and when 100% some of our best talent), but both of them if they can't stay healthy they will never realize their potentials.

---

What I would give to have Finny back, always been a huge fan of him. He was our 7th round gem and brought great energy to the team. He also never caused problems (except when he walked out of camp) but I actually put the blame on management - you don't let your best and most prominent players play their contract year, unless there is a high chance you don't want to sign them. This guy was huge on the field and in the community from what I understand.

When we resigned him (the first time) he was playing SHUTDOWN corner (b/c we also had something called a pass rush too). We also got him for a steal the first time we resigned him - every season articles come out with the most 'underpaid' players and he was often on that list. I remember one in particular said 'Asante pays more to the IRS then Finny receives.'

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd rather us spend the money on Finnegan than Griffin. I do think Fin got overpaid, but still....

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ayers was a very strong leader in college. He and McCarthy are still too wet behind the ears to take on an effective leadership role in the NFL. I would think somone like Michael Griffin given how long he has been in the league and with the team that he would be the main team leader. Plus given the fact he has been to pro bowl a couple times.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

^^Jake Locker!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Finnegan was worth the money.

Instead we gave it to corner he's better than (McCourty) and a Safety that should be paying US to watch him "play".

People undervalue intensity, heart, and drive. He was the backbone of this D once Bulluck left.

Now our D doesn't have a pulse... wonder why?

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Finnegan showed a lot by organizing those team workouts during the lockout offseason. Then he went on to play every defensive snap during the season. We could use that leadership and dedication now. Sometimes a player is worth more than just what you see on the field. It is a big part of what made McNair so great even during the times his stats were not the best. Finnegan was one of those guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar