Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?
  1. Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick.

45.0%
  2. No. You play to win the game.

43.3%
  3. I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll.

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

You're such a great fan. Why can't we be more like you...

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't care if we win or lose. I just want our young guys (Locker, Wright, Ayers, and Casey specifically) to keep progressing. Those 4 are the key for the Titans, and I believe CAN be Game Changers. I'd also like to add in Martin, Brown, McCarthy, and Britt on the list of players i'd like to see keep progressing, but the first four I listed are our keys.

If we end up losing out, but those guys have 4 really good games.. i'd be happy. Is that wrong? I don't really care. I'm not cheering for us to lose, it's silly - I put alot of thought in it: Winning vs Draft Pick Position, and winning won me over. But, if we do end up losing... i'm not that torn by it for I don't expect us to win (except v. the Jags!).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was only responding in like fashion to the inflammatory rhetoric Alex was posting- very irritating. Anyway, my prior post clarifies what I'm saying about "losing".

I agree you have to have a talented front office in place to take advantage of the draft properly. I think the Rams are on the right track with how they traded out of the #2 pick. We've already seen them. Look at the Colts- they are doing very well post draft pick and dont' make excuses- they beat us- the scoreboard doesn't lie. Keep an eye on the Browns- their record is what it is but the scoreboard shows they've kept games close against tough opponents. Something we haven't done.

There is nothing that winning the last few games is going to do for the players. They are part of the reason why we have sucked this year. I want to see the players we put on the field play hard, I just want to see our younger players and those on the bubble get their chance. I think we can all agree on those players who we should cut because they are either overpaid and/or they suck. Talent evaluation is the highest priority with the remaining games IMO that will have the most positive effect. We've seen enough inconsistencies out of many of the current starters so a win streak isn't going to do chit with them.

I think Munchak needs to address the team in that every one is disappointed with the season and changes are going to be made. Some will be around to see a better product next some won't with himself included. He should praise the young players who do well and hold accountable those who don't. Accountability ALWAYS improves morale. That is why Munchak is in trouble right now.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's sad, considering we started our so-called "rebuild" a year before they did. And they were by far the worst team in the league last season. Sure one of the best QB prospects of recent years fell into their lap. But there's more to it than that.

I'm with you on this one. A complete FO/coaching blowup is needed if we want to get to the level of serious contender anytime soon. It amazes me that we still have fans who are apparently just fine with the same old story year after year. There seems to be a very troubling "Well, it could always be worse" mentality among a segment of this fanbase. Luckily, those people seem to be getting more and more scarce.

I hate to see us turning into such an apathetic and unenthusiastic fan base. But you can only have blind optimism for so long. If this FO and coaching staff remains in place I expect we'll continue to see dwindling local ratings/attendance/enthusiasm next season as well. Maybe that's what it's going to take for Bud to get the message.

As I said before, if something doesn't change the dark days may have only just begun.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Zach Brown is going to be a stud for us, I was hard on him when he was drafted, but he's shut me up, dude can play.

Him and Ayers really give me hope that our D can some day be great.

6. xpmar9x

Personally, I'm still not sold on ZB. He'll make a good play every now and then, but i'll see him miss tackles and take poor angles also. I wasn't sold on Ayers after his rookie year either.. he shut me up this season. I only hope ZB does the same.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There is plenty of room on the Rams bandwagon. I say you guys should jump on. You miss Fisher and hate that this team went 9-7 last year. So don't root for the Titans. Not complicated.

8. JCBRAVE

Take my word then, you've known me for a while now, Zach Brown is the real deal.

9. JCBRAVE

I can't help but chuckle at your posts sometimes.

You will hold on to the silliest stuff forever just to bug someone later.

Keep it up, it makes me want to log in every day to see who your next victim will be.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. xpmar9x

I CANT WAIT UNTIL IT'S ME!!
    :banjump: :bliss: :banjump:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar