Just curious what possible back up QB out there

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would NEVER want brooks, not even as a 3rd string. Incredible inconsistency, and always throws the game away when it matters. He was a heart breaker in new orleans, and just terrible in oakland.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i'd take bledsoe over collins anyday..

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Never....ever....ever!!! :grrr:

He's Drew Bledsoe. He'd still want his share of snaps. Even as a back-up.

And, that's just not going to happen with Vince being the Number One guy. And, Kerry is willing to accept his role here.

I'm not so sure Bledsoe would.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Kerry is good for 1 thing and 1 thing alone. He is an excellent mentor for Vince.

5. Rattay looked a helluva lot better than Collins did...

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, he'll be an excellent #3 QB behind Vince and Kerry. :))

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, aside from taking the occasional snap in relief of Vince, that's really all you want or expect of him.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sounds like the Eagles are considering cutting Kelly Holcomb before the start of the season. Old vet guy that has local connections- MTSU. He had fumble problems in his last year starting for Buffalo. I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Another possible cut is Chris Simms, but I never liked him and wouldn't want him. That would be two Texas QBs on the team though. Maybe one of the other Tampa QBs gets cut, that might be worth a look.

I truthfully think Collins is here to stay. And optimistically, I hope last night was just a bad night. But so far he's absolutely horrible in a Titans uniform. We are in serious trouble if Vince misses anytime this season.

I agree with RyansTitans, it seems like he is a good mentor for Vince. He's just so bad playing for us though.

I'm sad Fisher got his feelings hurt and Volek his got his panties in a wad. I'd gladly take Volek back, to be the backup QB.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

We really do need a capable backup. People who ride Kerrys jockstrap need to seriously look at our schedule then say Vince gets hurt mid season. Is Collins going to come in and move the ball down field?

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

What you saw from Collins last night is what you will get in the regular season. He is ok enough to put the offense in field goal range after about a 20 min drive and thats about all he will provide this offense. All his passes go directly in the dirt there is no touch or anything just line drives to the ground and most times do not reach the reciever. I mean last night the WR were basically decoration for Collins and Rattay showing some glimpses of quality but not enough chances to really show anything. Noted it is preseason and theres no real game planning but we got a ton of WR's that we dont know what any of them can really do except Brandon Jones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar