Just bought myself a Macbook Pro last week

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Carpy, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I got my daughter a macbook simply because they are pretty much worry free. If she has any issues, she has Apple Care. So far zero problems.

2. As if there was ever any doubt... :ha:

3. Amazon is an option since they don't charge sales tax in TN.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If I get a new job I'm thinking about a new laptop, including a Mac.

5. TitanMatt

TitanMatt Bleed Blue!!!

got a new macbook a few months ago and its awesome. not one problem, runs like a champ. no regrets here.

6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

To say they are worry free is a bit of a stretch... its an electonic device. Sooner or later some problem is going to crop up. I've used both PC and Mac for many years. (yes I own both and will continue to do so... there are things that just aren't mac compatible yet) IMO the largest difference doesn't come from virus issues etc but its workload. Its like comparing a truck to a compact. The compact is nice and will have cool buttons... but the truck can tow anything you put on its hitch. My P.C crashes when I open photoshop (despite the fact that it is an intense p.c.) and my mac breezes through it with no problems. Its all great, but like I said... they aren't without problems. Did anyone here own one of those multicolored macs? I dont remember what they were called but they came in teal/gray/white/pink and had handles. EUCK. Worst computer purchase I ever made

7. The original iBooks? Or iMacs? Both used colored plastics.

They weren't bad computers for their time. But they weren't as good as today's crop.

8. TitanMatt

TitanMatt Bleed Blue!!!

they were pretty little things

:ha:

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i wish i could afford an apple...

10. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

That would be why I bought it... it lasted me maybe 6 months before it slowed down and I couldn't even type my papers without a major hassle. The next one I bought though... thing of beauty!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar