Jurrell Casey traded to Denver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraken_Titan

Kraken_Titan Special Teams Standout

Clowney is listed as a 3-4 olb but he actually did line up as 3-4 de in Houston when Watt was injured and wrecked havoc. Probably was his best playing time for the Texans. I wouldn't mind them trying to get Chris Jones from KC for a 3 with a conditional pick next year and sign him and Clowney. It would mean cutting or trading Daquan and using all of our cap but a d-line of Clowney and Simmons and C. Jones up front with Landry and Beasley on the edge would be devastating. Now is the time to go for it and hope the cap raises as much as they expect.

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Reminds me of the Preds and Subban. Sucks because Casey was one of my favorites

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah there is no plan. Lmao wtf? Of course there is a plan.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I know most are thinking this move is to do something for Clowney or some other trade, but my gut feeling it's something less splashy than that.

More than likely it's to try to get a secondary player, maybe bring back Logan Ryan, or go after Chris Harris.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Chiefs tagged Dee Ford last yr and traded him.

I'd be excited to have Clowney or Jones

Ngaukaue is another impact guy that will be available by trade...better production than Clowney over his career actually and less injury prone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’m not panicking. This was about opening up money and getting anything in return. I’m betting we have some nice moves coming....I like Casey, but truth is, he is aging and we have Simmons now. He also can be a ghost at times!

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Surprised despite his decline. Not so much that he’s gone but thought he still had more value than a 7th.

And a good luck to you. No beef ever with Casey.

8. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

I have faith in Jrob’s Plan... Something is about to happen

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

A 7th does seem awfully low. This was clearly all about the money. Perhaps they tried to rework his contract and he said no. I would have thought a 5th or something along those lines.

10. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

Agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar