Jurrell Casey traded to Denver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Casey and McCourty crying they got traded/released throwing shade at the Titans org. When your on your 9th year with a large cap hit to your name and a decline in play it's what will happen. I'm sure he wouldnt of restructured his contact so it was a solid move by jrob.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Unless we do something to improve the D with money we saved, it wasn’t a good move. If we don’t sign Clowney, JRob gonna have to dance to some bad music.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You're right he could have said no to a pay cut, reduced role....think there's more than that?

Business aside, teams should still respect the players especially vets of 9 years. I know it goes both ways.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do agree that unless we get Clowney, we did not get better with this move. However, I do not think the titans threw him away. They could have cut him instead they traded him and he still gets his pay. So I do not think the titans did wrong by him at all. Had they just cut him or traded him to Jags, Browns, Bengals, etc then that would have been bad.

Getting traded to Denver not a bad deal at all. Good team good city.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree, doesn't sound like he had an option of staying for less..like you said, Titans are a team on the rise. I would think he would like to have been part of it. Especially after all the hard times he's seen with us.

6. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

I get why we did it and for a business it makes sense. However, we've now got what 14mill cap space and a hole to fill. If we dont get anyone we should've kept him for another year.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I agree with a lot of you guys. If we don't use that money yo better our team, it was a bad deal. But, i think we will. The fo knows this team is right on the edge of being a legit contender. We are better on both sides of the ball right now imo and if we add one big piece like clowney or a few depth players with our money, we'll be in really good shape

8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

He should be thankful he wasn't cut. His salary for 2020-2022 was only guaranteed for injury, so he could have been cut and out on the street looking for a new contract.

And I guarantee it wouldn't have been nearly as lucrative as the $36M he has left on his current deal. The Titans actually did him a massive favor by allowing him to keep his current contract by finding someone willing to take it.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yep...yet treated like “trash” by an organization that kept him 9 years and signed him to big deals, and traded him to a solid team to keep his salary...riiiiiiight

10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Especially, if, as a few of us think, the Titans head office asked him before the trade (could have been weeks earlier) if he would consider re-structuring for less money.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar