Jurrell Casey traded to Denver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Mar 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

I honestly didn't look into just saw a poster on here say that

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

So... if Clowney is the reason for moving Casey...

Does that mean a scheme change is coming?

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Hey at least we got Tannehill amirite

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

It also means Simmons could have a pro bowl season and we still might have the sorriest DL in football if nothing changes between now and July.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I know it's early, but it's a bummer that nothing happened with this new found cap space. The DL took a significant blow, and it's not like we had a great pass rush last year.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

#29 for Chris Jones, straight up.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

In order to get more a team has to offer more. Clearly the league doesn’t value him like this board does.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Casey was a “pro bowler” this year and we had one of the sorriest lines in football.

9. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

Sure, we would have liked to get a much better draft pick, but I suspect there was no deal out there that was better than the 7th rounder. If we weren't satisfied with the DL results last season, then something needed to change. Well this certainly is change. I assume the Titans decided that Casey was earning way too much and his productivity, while still of some value, was going down and at his age, it almost certainly will continue to drop off. The extra cap space will end up being used somewhere even if not as a direct replacement for the DL.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

AJ Epenesa time baby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar