Jrobs first round picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Conklin-gone
    Davis-gone
    Adoree-gone
    Evans-5th year option likely to be declined
    Simmons-beast
    Wilson-gone

Kinda amazing the turn around this team has had under jrob despite the first round struggles. Should we just start trading away our first round pick every year and stacking 2's and 3's? Lol

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

Jrob is trash

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I Guess we should consider the other round selections too.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's kind of what I was alluding to when I said the turn around has been great despite the first round struggles. If we hit on our first rounders we'd have won a bowl by now

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

All but Wilson were good picks and contributed to our success. And they all will keep playing and be good players. Nothing says you have to sign these players or keep them after their first year. You got what you could out of the first contract and moved on to find better value. I can live with that. If the result continue to be good who cares.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Outside of simmons and maybe Conklin I don't think a single one of those players was worth their pick. You're telling me you were happy with Corey davis' production as the #5 overall pick?!

7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Im not sure signing a 2nd contract with the team should be the measure of success or not.

You could argue that if you hit on all your 1st round picks, most of them will sign a big 2nd contract somewhere else.

This is the salary cap working.

JRob is somewhere in the middle - he hits on some, he misses on others.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

What about his bad 2nd rounders outside of henry and brown?? Kevin dodd anyone?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

It's not like we couldn't afford those guys though. We chose to spend the money elsewhere. If that's not admitting failure I don't know what is.

10. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

Hard to get behind a team with no continuity. It's like watching college basketball these days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar