JRob

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 10ECTyrant, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe next year's draft...from Walter Football. But they say we drafted Lawrence this year... so take it for what it's worth lol

[​IMG] Tennessee Titans: Raekwon Davis, DE/DT, Alabama [​IMG]
    The Titans were interested in Christian Wilkins, but the Clemson stud never reached their pick. They took another Tiger, Dexter Lawrence, but they still need another defensive lineman to join him and Jurrell Casey.

Raekwon Davis had a dominant performance in the national championship win over Georgia to cap off his excellent 2017 season in which he logged 8.5 sacks

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Walter is terrible...::

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm not overly familiar with them, I do like how they cover multiple rounds though, gives me some knowledge of all prospects, not just first rounders.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You're right about the average, but considering that we were NFL roadkill the two seasons before that, and had an absolute trash roster, it's still a pretty impressive turnaround.

And the guy hasn't even had a chance to pick his own qb. Yet.

To me, the jury is still out on Vrabel. I like what I've seen so far, but the party is still in diapers.

And yeah. We have little to no star power. He's drafted a bunch of guys that are good, but nobody great. I'll agree with that. I have hopes some of the young guys will become great, but we shall see.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

To be fair, he also hasn't picked his own QB yet either. He was given Mariota for better or worse, and injuries as inconsistent QB play has affected every season. If we even got a healthy consistent version of 2016 Mariota, this team has a few extra wins. Cassel and Gabbert were the backup to an injury prone QB, it is what it is.

As for JR, I haven't agreed with every decision, but overall this franchise is light years ahead of where it was when he you over. Go look as a depth chart from 2014, it's absolutely depressing. People complaining about 9-7 seem to have quickly forgot what a 2-14 season is like. It takes a few years to overhaul nearly an entire roster, which is what we've seen. I'm expecting a significant step forward this year.

6. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

And let’s remember, he’s never been a GM before. He’s made some mistakes but he has shown that he learns from them and adapts. IE Back up qb and Dodd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I don't see how he learned from Dodd.

Cutting a player when everyone on the planet knows they can't play, including themselves, is a no brainer. It has nothing to do with the poor evaluation that goes into drafting a player with injury/work ethic/fit concerns.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He fired that scouting staff pretty quickly

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I keep thinking about this too. I loved the Simmons pick, but Sweat was still on the board at a more pressing position of need. I see it like others have mentioned, he's putting way too much faith in Cam Wake. Maybe the kid from Sam Houston State will surprise us (Roberson maybe?).

If he had just taken Jaylon Ferguson in the 3rd instead of Nate Davis, I would feel so much better about this team going forward.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You seem eager to see that 8 second 3 cone drill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar