JRob Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Lol.

Let's forget the safety who led the league in INTs his second year and was a First Year All Pro.
    Or the CB who led the league in PBUs his rookie year.
    Or the RB who just gained nearly 200 yards in the biggest game of his career.
    Or the Pro Bowl RB last year
    Or the DT who stepped in the place of Jones without any noticeable dropoff.
    Or the line who was one of the best in terms of protecting the QB
    Or the winning records and playoff victory in spite of a mediocre coaching staff

Let's focus on the one 2nd round player who has been inured, and some receivers who can't produce in this archaic system. Mariota, Walker, and Leewan are single handedly winning games, which is why they were doing such a fantastic job of that before Robinson arrived.

Open your eyes. He's done a hell of a job.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It hurt his development and he has been trying to catch up all year. Not every player magically appears in the NFL ready to be good immediately. Actually, it is quite rare.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Remember when the Titans drafted Byard in the 3rd round when he was projected to go in the 6th or 7th and everyone thought Jrob was a bit mad?

Now remember when Byard was elected 1st team All pro in just his second season?

I could drop the mic there but Conklin, Henry, Adoree, Brown, Johnson and Sims might have something to say about it.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I always liked the Byard pick. But for Byard there’s Dodd. And let’s not misconstrue what I’m saying. JRob is average or maybe slightly above. Just like the records of the team. And yes it’s early. My point is it’s too early to crown him a wiz when he’s only been a bit above average at best thus far.

5. Riverman

Not for a #5 overall. And that’s the beef I have. You expect a #5 to contribute right away save maybe a QB. But they are expected to play (and produce) significantly in their development.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dangermode

I think your forgetting HE MISSED ALL OF TRAING CAMP, THE ENTIRE PRESEASON AND 6 GAMES due to injury! I'm just glad he's out there getting reps for next season. And dude looked sick in space last week. Lil wiggle wiggle. He also got open on several deep routes but Mariota overthrew him a bit. Not quite in sync yet those two, but it'll come.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Steelers got juju in the 2nd. Kamara the 3rd. We passed up Henry twice and were damn lucky to get him. Very few evaluate talent like they should.

#197 GrayGhost1951, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. Dangermode

And he plays opposite Antonio freaking Brown! You have half the defense keyed on Brown, the other half on Bell, of COURSE Juju is gonna find a lot of running room. Doesn't mean he'll be a better long term player than Davis.

Also we didn't have a 2nd rounder, so there's that.

9. Riverman

Davis reception rate ~45-8%. Other Titans WR’s ~ 60-5%. That’s a significant. And Davis and Mariota aren’t on same page for a reason.

My beef with Davis is that I haven’t seen him lay out for a catch. Or adjust to a deep ball. Just not seeing much production or effort wise that is worthy of the #5. Took a lot of heat for similar sentiment (eye test fail) on Dodd during his rookie year.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Pittsburgh also had a season high in passing yards during the game that JuJu was out. He needs them a lot more than they need him in order for him to get those numbers. They just finally drafted someone who can run a route as opposed to some brain dead burner, so he's producing.

That is not Davis' catch rate. You are just throwing garbage out there.

Of course he's not producing in this offense. It's one of the most unproductive in the league. Which is why the FO is furious and was looking to replace him even when the playoff berth was achieved. They know those guys are a hell of a lot better than what the coaches are getting out of them. And you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Davis' effort, because plenty of arguments can be made against your claim. I guarantee there wasn't a single one of those overthrown balls that the coaches got onto him for not carelessly diving at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar