JRob Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I said something about that on another thread. I don't understand the continued "forcing" to Murray. Henry looks good enough to take a few games or at least the bulk while Murray gets healthy.

I'd even like to see a game with Henry and fluellen getting the "Henry numbers" to see if he's worth anything.

For cost and health reasons, I'm not sure Murray will have much value next year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You said yourself, for cost and health reasons, Murray may not have much value next year.
    McKinnon would be a nice addition to Henry in this offence.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Just cause I say that doesn't mean JRob and Mularkey agree though.

I'd be alright using McKinnon and Henry considering how Murray is playin this year. For whatever reason MM loves him some Murray and regardless of health, he's gonna feed him he ball. Have to see if that's the continued game plan for next year. If it is, why bother with McKinnon?

4. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

I think you're lumping all of the problems all into one big "everyone sucks" basket, and its just not that simple. I will be the first one every time to say that Robison isn't 100%, but lets be honest, what GM is? Robison has been by far the best thing we have had going for us these last few years. He has made more moves, be it, free agency or draft picks for the better than we have done in a very long time. In my opinion, Robinson is the right guy. Where the problem lies is in the entire coaching staff. Our players have great talent that is not being developed properly due to the abhorrent coaching staff that we have from top to bottom. Furthermore, the issue with the coaching staff can not be fixed by Robinson. That atrocity is 100% on Amy Adams Strunk's shoulders. She was the one that picked Mularkey, and she is the one who will not let Robinson make a decision there. So, I do not think that Robinson is to blame, at all. He's doing the best he can with what he as to work with. If you have watched the Titans at all over the last 10 years or so... it's very plain and easy to see that Robinson is far and away the best thing that has happened to this team in a very long time.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree for the most part. It starts with ownership. Bud became distant and incapacitated and did not have the foresight to develop an heir apparent. The daughters treated the franchise like a white elephant and bumbled their way relying WAY too heavily on inexperienced family members and the putrid Steve Underwood. The organization went through Reinfeldt then Webster (dumb and dumber) and finally landed upon an “outside” guy who spent time in New England and Tampa Bay and happened to be a TN fellow. Good PR move- but JRob had little experience and was hired because he was cheap and agreed to the hiring condition to keep Mularkey.

I like JRob but his performance has been average thus far. And yes- that IS better than what we’ve had but fans have gone so long without a quality GM they way over-hype his average performance as super quality. Just isn’t true.

I agree if could ever get a real owner that would allow a real HC search for the MOST QUALIFIED candidate, and pursue him with a competitive contract, this team could take off. I just don’t see it happening.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

I completely agree. When I said he was the best thing that has happened in a long time, I certainly did not mean he was the best in the business, or a great option for that matter. Just better than we have had in many, many years. My main point was, we have so many other, more pertinent, problems to fix than just blaming the entire issue on Robinson. But, I complete agree with you that ownership has been far too distant and disinterested for many years including the end the the Bud era. That is where it starts, and that is where the basis of our current, major, problems lie.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

I just wish the owners would allow the Football people (Robinson) to run the football operations. The truth is JRob agreed to Mularkey just to get the job he wanted. I believe him when he says this is his dream job. Running an NFL Franchise in his home state..... If AAS would allow him the freedom to do what he wished w/ this team; I believe it would be much better for fans. I cannot imagine him wanting to keep this horrid HC & Staff.

However, we are stuck in this rut of having an owner; far more concerned w/ who their friends are, than winning.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

he has missed on more signings and draft picks than he's hit on. not impressed

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

A team does not go from a dumpster fire to a winning organization with playoff aspirations under an average GM. Especially with a career loser at HC. I'm not sure what standards you are using by which to judge a GM, but they are nowhere close to realistic.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

Agreed. My point exactly. Robinson may have, to date, his questionable decisions. But as I said, what GM doesn't? Under lazy, focused elsewhere, ownership and an absolute atrocity as a coaching staff, Robinson has managed to bring in enough raw talent to make us a team that is competitive again in the AFC South. The talent we have is not where it should be, because we have nobody to develop that talent the way a good coaching staff should. As I said, he is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. If you think he isn't the sole reason we are where we are as a team today, you don't know the Titans and you don't know football.

#110 TT4L1, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar