Josh McDaniels will interview for the HC position with the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

But to that extent? I legit lol’d during that live draft when they called his name.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Depends on how much power the HC has...

Fisher wanted Leinart and we would've had him instead of VY if Fish had that kind of control.

VY>Leinart... but that's not saying too much, to be honest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think he wanted Cutler

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The reason Bowlen hired him is because he had success as a coordinator. He got hired the same reason most coordinators get hired. NE coordinators who get HC jobs aren't exactly a who's who of successful coaches. O'Brien is about the only would who has much success at all.

And like has been pointed out, the only QB McDaniel's has had success with is Brady, and he didn't develop Brady. He was Sam Bradford's OC in St. Louis in Bradford's second season. In 10 games, Bradford had a completion % of 53, 6 TDs, and 6 Ints. All were significant drops from his rookie season, so Bradford regressed quite a bit with McDaniel's as his OC.

He will get another shot at some point, maybe this year, and he might be better the 2nd time around. But, I think he is just as much of a risk as any other coordinator.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Right.

6. The Hammer

Exactly, he is nothing special at this point

7. The Hammer

I think people just assumed he wanted Leinhart because of his USC connection and Norm Chow as OC

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Like with most coaches, situation had a lot to do with it.

I would like to see Jmac as HC here ... I like the idea of Mariota running that style offense. I think it would be a good fit for him. I think MM is talented enough and smart enough that he could be a top QB in the right system.

But I do have some reservations about JMac as well. His past scares me a little. The fact that his success comes only under BillB and TomB scares me a little.

So, while I think our situation would be a fit, I dont think he'd succeed just anywhere (which is the case for most coaches)

9. The Hammer

Why not go with Charlie Weis, he is available. It is Charlie's scheme and Charlie is the one who developed Brady.

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

This has been done once. Fisher 100 percent wanted Lienart. USC deal. He said so on an ESPN doc.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar