Rumor Josh McDaniels Wants the Titans HC Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I was just.offering a possibility..

It seems to me, that Mariota reads the LB and S seams Way better from under center.

2. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Still gotta wait for New England to finish the post season - anytime from a week from now or up to a month

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I know, but hoping for some rumors at least lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Oh gotcha - I know things have started going somewhat quiet ever since the Marrone interview ... Hoping the McDaniels train picks up again here soon just to calm some of us down during the long wait of uncertainty

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

We can offere him tge job and he can "accept" it....he just can't leave ne until their run is over....go CHIEFS

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Yeah man, i'm on board for McDaniels now. Just the mere fact that he's been around a real team for the past few years, something's gotta rub off on us.

7. Mike-Jones561

Mike-Jones561 Starter

Out of the rumored coaches we have been mentioned with, McDaniels is the best one. At least he can make adjustments and create a scheme to fit what he has.

As long as he has no say other than coaching, it wouldn't be a bad hire. I just figure there's better candidates

8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I think he would be a terrific choice. And who knows maybe given a chance to coach Marcus as OC, if Chip doesn't have anything better to do perhaps Josh can lure him as an OC. I think a lot like a few others in here and feel his head would be too big for that. I'm also not sure McDaniels is the best person to mentor Chip. A Belichick type would be better suited for that. Interestingly, if Josh leaves. That position opens up...I would love to see the two offensive master minds of McDaniels and Kelly coach this team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. kenny

kenny Starter

The Titans' have Mariota. I am not saying that he is Tom Brady by any means at all. However, I do believe he is MUCH better than anyone McDaniels has had a chance to work with; at any time that he has not been with Brady. Maybe it would be a mess. Who knows; but McDaniels has certainly worked wonders with that mess of an oline NE has had. At one point (Not sure if they still are) he had Oline men rotating in & out like most teams do Dline men.....and it worked. The offense he runs in NE seems to be pretty well suited to Marcus & Walker......

I am not sure he would be the perfect guy; but I would certainly feel better about him leading the team than Mularkey. We already know what we have there. Just a "Nice guy" that is good enough to keep us on the same path we have been on.

I am ready for better. Doesn't have to be McDaniels. He should be thoroughly interviewed to see if he has matured. We can hope that he has; but ya never know.

Darrell Bevell is a guy that fell off the HC map after that BAD call in the SB. He is still a great candidate in my eyes. Unfortunately for him his bad call cost his team the ultimate win in our game.........He has done one heck of a job with Russell Wilson & that offense IMO. I certainly hope he is one guy we talk to.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. kenny

kenny Starter

Not saying an interview couldn't take place on Tuesday, I guess anything COULD happen. However, the NFL Owners Meeting takes place Tuesday & Wednesday in Houston. With our Owner & CEO being the ones making the hire I don't expect much to happen until after the meetings are over.

I hope I am wrong and they work around it some, but I doubt it. Probably be late in the week before we know who GM will be unless they make the hire late Monday. Since Ballard is coming in for an interview Monday; we may not hear about GM until after the meeting. So HC interviews probably take place late in the week with the guys open to interviews. I think I remember some one saying Marrone was coming in Monday; but maybe it will be later. Can't remember. Know they requested to interview him though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar