Josh Gordon on trade block

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

"Where is Brandon Weeden?" thread incoming soon.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. BlakeRx

BlakeRx Starter

There's no way we should go after another player with character/maturity issues. How many times must we go down THAT path?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Apparently once more

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

D'Qwell Jackson would be nice. I'd give them McCarthy and Britt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea were not that lucky

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We're not giving up Crutches. I love my Crutches. [​IMG]

Give them Britt and a 7th and call it a day.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

ahh new England I bet it is I better try to get him in fantasy football! I could totally see that happening....cmon I mean weed? billicheck is cool with murderers hell just tell Gordon to make sure to bring a blount haha get it

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea as soon as they gave up Richardson I said that every GM should be on the phone with them offering a 2nd for Haden to see if they'd take it. I would offer McCourty and a 3rd and not even think twice about it, but I doubt they go for that. Maybe throw in Britt for good measure?

Their asking price for Gordon is going to be way too high. The Patriots would make the most sense. He'd be deadly with Brady. The Redskins would also make sense... Get RG3 one of his old college WRs so he can start bombing passes again.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I want Jordon Cameron!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

They aren't going to trade Haden! They wanna get rid of Trent because they took him too high and more importantly, even if he was great, they'd waste him before they really had a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. It wasn't a smart pick even if you think the world of Trent.

Selling Gordon high also makes sense as he's one mistake from a year suspension. And it's not good when you're dismissed from your college team in 2010 and then someone gives you a big shot gambling on your talent in 2012 with a 2nd rnd pick in the supplemental draft (pretty unheard of). And with this great second chance you're blowing this too with more then one violation of the NFL substance abuse policy?

No way the titans trade for him. Even with Britt not really doing much we are stacked at WR with Nate, Wright, DWill, Hunter, Preston.

The questions are...would you trade a decent draft pick away for gordon? No. A 7th id do but they probably want their 2nd rnd pick back! Would I trade Britt straight up? No. If this were Madden, YES. But you don't like to import potential trouble into the locker room if you don't need it. in terms of talent and the possible downside of losing gordon for a year (and then cutting him), it wouldn't matter. But we just brought in some excellent leadership in Pollard and Locker is starting to feel it. We don't need someone who might come in and think he's Randy Moss and start yapping about getting the ball (even though we have that already)!

I'd look to trade Britt for something we need now or in the future. If not and we dont need the cap space, keep him and let his play fight it out for playing time against DWill, Hunter and Preston.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar